Kevin Durant leaving the Thunder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This all goes back to us choosing Serge over Harden. We made the mistake there that lead us to the point where we are now. There is life after Kevin Durant though....right?

Yes there is. Spring football is almost here and the fall season will be on us before you know it. With Mayfield coming back, OU should have a good season. Again. As usual. There is life after KD indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

firefighterguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The rumors are circulating and I think it's nearly inevitable this offseason. The Thunder management has done a poor job managing the roster over the past several seasons.

We've been needing a 3rd scorer for a while now and the NBA as a whole has been trending towards small ball, but management took the roster in the opposite direction. All of the extra cap space was blown on the big man Kanter at a pay rate similar to Westbrook's at $16.5M~ ($51M guaranteed).

In my opinion we should have found an older big man at half the price to split time and help develop Adams. The extra money should have went to bringing in a SG better than Morrow to share the scoring load with Russ and KD.

Solid big men don't come cheap. If you're worth a darn you make $10 million per year. Kanter isn't the problem. His salary is large now but in 3 years it won't be. Until your top players show a commitment to defense it's hard to blame their struggles on role players.

Serge has regressed in a major way this year. He's been terrible at times. He just disappears. He's never been an elite on ball defender and now that his shot blocking is gone he really doesn't offer much outside of being a great jump shooter. His jump shot has developed but the rest of his game never did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hope he don't leave but he probably will. The management hasn't done good at all. And it shows. As for KD's going under, if the steaks are bad like they were the last time I went it will. I got a filet medium well and it was pretty pink on the inside but the outside was burnt. It was tough and had no flavor. For $27 it should have been great. I get sirloins at Toby Keith's and Saltgrass that blows KD's filet out of the water.

That's what you get for ordering a steak medium well. The correct order entry data for a steak is medium RARE or nothing at all.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a source at KDs (our waiter). He said that KD does not own the restaurant, and does not have a stake in it. He was approached by some businessmen to be the "face" of the restaurant, and he had some input on the menu, and he occasionally eats there, but it is not his restaurant. I was told that if he leaves, they will rename the restaurant.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like KD but won't be heart broken if he leaves. This would allow Westbrook to take over and become the man which he is more than capable of doing. Maybe bring in a Blake Griffin to run the pick and roll with him.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
If I had to pick between keeping Westbrook or KD, I'd keep Westbrook. If somebody could just cure him of making crazy decisions at the end of the game he'd be super stellar. KD's defence , missed free throws and turn overs seem to have been over shadowing his shooting this year........could it be intentional?

Latest posts

Top Bottom