Kimber Micro 9?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am impressed with my wife's new Kimber Micro .380 pistol. So much so, I am thinking of getting one of the new Micro 9mm for me. Has anyone here got one? What do you think of it? The little .380 sure is built nicely and it shoots great. My concern right now is you can't seem to get a spare mag for the Micro 9's at this time. I hate a pistol with only one crummy magazine!

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I read on the Kimber site maybe October or November. I won't buy one till spare mags are available anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Heres what their website now says

Each Micro 9 includes a flush-fitting 6-round magazine and an extended 7-round magazine is available as an accessory.

I guess they mean available for later.

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
So, can I ask. Why not the Sig 938? They appear to be basically the same. Sig has been out longer and mags are readily available. I wouldn't be surprised if the Sig mags didn't fit the Kimber. And all in all they both appear to be scaled down models of the old Star BKMs. Much the same way the Sig 238 and the Kimber Micro 380 are of the old Star DK. Just my 2 cents.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, can I ask. Why not the Sig 938? They appear to be basically the same. Sig has been out longer and mags are readily available. I wouldn't be surprised if the Sig mags didn't fit the Kimber. And all in all they both appear to be scaled down models of the old Star BKMs. Much the same way the Sig 238 and the Kimber Micro 380 are of the old Star DK. Just my 2 cents.

Jim;
There's a little bit of difference in the grip and beavertail...for me, I can get a better grip on the Kimber.

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I have never held the Kimber. I did have Tommy at SSP tell me that the Kimber feels better and fit and finish is above the Sig.

Latest posts

Top Bottom