Kimber Micro 9?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fondled one of these today. Seems to be well put together and it pointed nice, trigger was OK. Who knows if Kimber has the timing down in these micro 9s so we will see, Sig seems to have theirs down really well from people that own them.

I want to like these guns (as in the Sig too) but the thumb safety just doesn't work for me in any way. It's just way too small and my hands aren't huge so I don't get the design.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Joel, first yes I agree. Buy what you want before the other Clinton takes office. I will have to disagree on the pocket carry. While I know there are a lot of good pocket holsters out there I just don't consider a single action a pocket pistol, JMO.

Well, yeah, there is that little single action matter to contend with...I hear what you're saying. I may be jumping the gun so to speak, I dunno, I really want to handle one and see what I think of it. And as far as the thumb safety GMT speaks of above, I have no problem with the one on the .380, and I would like it to be a little bigger, but again, I won't know until I get one of the 9mm pistols in my hands and see.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For anyone wanting a small 9, I recommend you take a look at a Kahr - CM9, PM9 or MK9.

I've owned several of the Kahr pistols, and never could master that loooooong trigger. I was NOT a good shot with any of them. I wasn't a fan of the magazines either. Some folks love 'em, some, not so much.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Welp; I got to hold and admire the new Micro 9 finally. It is one nice little pistol, as far as I can tell without shooting it anyway. But, still, no spare mags available for them so it's a no buy. I saw a YouTube on how to file down the Sig 938 extended mag to make it fit, but damn if I'll do resort to such Bubba-isms with a new pistol! Kimber needs to smarten the heck up and ship with two mags! The bums.

Jupiter Fulminator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Joel, first yes I agree. Buy what you want before the other Clinton takes office. I will have to disagree on the pocket carry. While I know there are a lot of good pocket holsters out there I just don't consider a single action a pocket pistol, JMO.
I'm with the master on this one. I bought a Sig P238 not long after they came out as a "pocket gun", but it soon became clear that cocked-and-locked single actions, no matter how small, are not meant to be smoothly drawn from most pants pockets.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm with the master on this one. I bought a Sig P238 not long after they came out as a "pocket gun", but it soon became clear that cocked-and-locked single actions, no matter how small, are not meant to be smoothly drawn from most pants pockets.

Okay, so I admit to being somewhat impulsive...I'd buy it, thinking I could justify it for "pocket carry" then end up with it IWB anyway. Dang.

okeydoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The P938 has had a lot of problems, its .22lr unit a lot more problems. The Kimber's ducktail tang shields the hammer (and your hand) quite a bit better. Given the firing pin safety, the sig and kimber are perfectly safe in your pocket holster.

Latest posts

Top Bottom