Kimber Micro 9?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I absolutely love Kimbers for the record, but will also go on record as saying their mags suck.
Some of the worst junk I've ever seen. Started my competition shooting hobby with a Kimber Stainless target II in .45 using Kimber mags. When I ordered extra mags, I thought what the hell is this? Looked like cheap Chinese knockoffs with burrs and unfinished edges on the baseplate, and they were not reliable. No amount of tuning could make them run consistently.

When Wilson Combat or Tripp Research Cobra Mags come available, I'd like to visit the Kimber micro a little closer.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not necessarily talking about size. Relative quality...or pros/cons...I guess.

I can't speak directly to the question in comparing the Kimber Micro 9 to the EMP, as I have not held or looked at the Micro 9 in person; only the wife's Micro .380. I believe the Micro .380 to have an excellent fit and finish, and so far, it has been very reliable and is surprisingly accurate for such a small pistol. The trigger has a lot to do with the M380's accuracy I think, in that it breaks cleanly, although at an almost even 7 lbs on my scale. I can only hope the Micro 9 has the same qualities as it's smaller sibling. I like the way the M380 feels in the hand, with the extended mag anyway, and imagine the slightly larger 9 would be even better. I'm wanting to look at the MK9 as a pocket pistol. I really like my G43, but it's more of an IWB gun. Plus, I just want a reason to buy another pistol before the chance of Her Royal Majesty taking the throne.

Last edited:

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Joel, first yes I agree. Buy what you want before the other Clinton takes office. I will have to disagree on the pocket carry. While I know there are a lot of good pocket holsters out there I just don't consider a single action a pocket pistol, JMO.

Latest posts

Top Bottom