Kohler Courage Engines

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm glad I went with Honda lawnmower. Mine is in the shop right now because I hit a piece of square steel tubing and bent the pizzz out of the crankshaft. It fired right up after I made sure the blades weren't sheared off. Took it in to be fixed and they said that even the homeowner engines are almost commercial rated. Parts are pretty cheap too, a brand new crankshaft is only about $60. Sure wish they had a small zero turn rider like Toro, I'm really eyeing one of those just for the time savings, it takes me about 3 hours to edge, weedeat and mow the front and back. I figure I could do it all in half that with a 36" zero turn.
Hustler makes a 36" with a Kawasaki engine and fabricated deck.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The command aren't bad, better for sure than the more recent Courage.

If I could find a rider with a Magnum for the right price, I'd love to have it. The Sears tractors are not always the most solid, but the ones we sold with the Magnum rarely had engine issued. Cast block is HEAVY though.

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If your still close to Ponca, I might take it off your hands. Mine is not the courage model, but I do have an 18 HP takeoff Kohler from a lawn tractor that basically fell apart at the seams on my log splitter now.
The spare starter, etc might come in handy one of these days.

Sent a PM, you are welcome to it. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom