LAPD shoots 14yo innocent bystander in dressing room

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Take the "sheepdog" aspect out, if you shoot out of pure and direct self defense and hit a bystander, killing them, are you clear if that death? I would think not. It's a suck situation either way but you know your ass would be crucified for it.

You would most likely not be criminally liable nor would you be facing prison time, depending on the circumstances. You would, however, be looking at substantial civil liability.

ricco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As to whether you are criminally liable for shooting an innocent during self defense incident depends on the prosecutor. The person who initiates the criminal action could be held criminally liable.

Just depends.

Last edited:

Grendelshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Of course not. No one at all cares about white kids. And why be objective when over-the-top hyperbole, speculation and a strong sense of moral superiority will make you feel so much better?

I find it pretty disturbing that you're ready to convict the officer that fired the shot of some sort of crime regardless of what all the facts say and regardless of the fact there was likely no criminal intent on the part of the officer who fired the fatal shot.

FFS...
I find it pretty disturbing that your willing to dismiss a man who killed a young, innocent girl just because he is a cop. Manslaughter doesn’t require intent and I’d be happy to see him get it, just like the lady cop earlier this week.

And no, no one cares about white kids when they get killed, at least no one in power. George Floyd (1+ year sober) was killed by fentanyl but the cop went to jail. This cop straight up shot a girl and, because she’s not the right color, will be ignored by media and politicians.
Just like Daniel Shafer (adult, but murdered by a cop who walked).
And Cannon Hinnant
And Cash Gernon
And Victoria Rose Smith…etc etc.
I don’t remember a single March, speech, or ADL tweet about any of them.

I DO remember everyone and their brother bending over backwards to defend the terrorist who wantonly ran over a bunch of white kids in Waekusha (sp?) from charges that he had racial motivations.

No your right, nothing there…

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I find it pretty disturbing that your willing to dismiss a man who killed a young, innocent girl just because he is a cop. Manslaughter doesn’t require intent and I’d be happy to see him get it, just like the lady cop earlier this week.

And no, no one cares about white kids when they get killed, at least no one in power. George Floyd (1+ year sober) was killed by fentanyl but the cop went to jail. This cop straight up shot a girl and, because she’s not the right color, will be ignored by media and politicians.
Just like Daniel Shafer (adult, but murdered by a cop who walked).
And Cannon Hinnant
And Cash Gernon
And Victoria Rose Smith…etc etc.
I don’t remember a single March, speech, or ADL tweet about any of them.

I DO remember everyone and their brother bending over backwards to defend the terrorist who wantonly ran over a bunch of white kids in Waekusha (sp?) from charges that he had racial motivations.

No your right, nothing there…
Hard truths.

StitchJones

Ayatollah of Rock-and-Roll-a
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man, I usually don't post in threads like this. Nobody is going to change their minds and usually the conversation just gets heated and lame.

But, not much else going on tonight and my groups are rolling pretty smoothly, so;

The body came footage and the article lay it out pretty well.

The officer responds to a call with multiple 911 calls. Everything from guy was armed with a gun to a lock. Upon arrival, he finds a lady crawling away from an attack, covered blood on the floor. The length of an isle away, the bad guy. He raises rifle, boom, boom. Guy is down. No other people in line of sight.

I don't know what 911 information was passed on to the officer. No idea if he was relayed the dude was armed with a gun or not. He had a few seconds to make a stressful call and from the video, it looked right.

I am pro Leo but definitely not an appoligest for $h!tty cops. Race was no factor in this. That incident has absolutely nothing in common with any of the incidents mentioned previously in this thread, especially the murder of Daniel Shaver.

I can't imagine what that officer is going through or the family and friends of that little girl. Please include them in your prayers.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man, I usually don't post in threads like this. Nobody is going to change their minds and usually the conversation just gets heated and lame.

But, not much else going on tonight and my groups are rolling pretty smoothly, so;

The officer responds to a call with multiple 911 calls. Everything from guy was armed with a gun to a lock. Upon arrival, he finds a lady crawling away from an attack, covered blood on the floor. The length of an isle away, the bad guy. He raises rifle, boom, boom. Guy is down. No other people in line of sight.

I don't know what 911 information was passed on to the officer. No idea if he was relayed the dude was armed with a gun or not. He had a few seconds to make a stressful call and from the video, it looked right.

I am pro Leo but definitely not an appoligest for $h!tty cops. Race was no factor in this. That incident has absolutely nothing in common with any of the incidents mentioned previously in this thread, especially the murder of Daniel Shaver.

I can't imagine what that officer is going through or the family and friends of that little girl. Please include them in your prayers.
I watched the body cam and read a couple of news reports on this earlier today. One of them reported that at least 1 911 caller said the assailant was armed with a gun.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s a good time to jump on the cops for responding to a 911 call. Accidents do happen and I can only hope that this cop won’t be treated as the female cop in Minnesota who thought she was using a taser and it was her service weapon. She is in jail without bail awaiting sentencing. Dercowitz (sp) said her verdict is setting a bad precedent.

Grendelshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

From The Guardian:
“The videos released on Monday fueled further national outrage. Despite police’s initial claimsthat officers had been responding to an “assault with a deadly weapon” and a “possible shooting in progress”, Elena Lopez did not have a gun, and the video shows his hands were visible the moment he was shot. An officer’s body camera footage showed that as soon as the officer made it to the store aisle where Elena Lopez was standing and saw the man for the first time, he immediately fired, without appearing to issue any commands.”

Watch the reaction to this.
I’m betting that “We investigated ourselves and found we did no wrong. Sorry innocent person, but you got protected and served.”
Vs
Police are engaged by drug dealer during raid, police return fire and drug dealer girlfriend/nurse Who supplied him with drugs is struck and killed.
Cities literally burned for it.

Saying something like race doesn’t matter in 2021…lol.

Grendelshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s a good time to jump on the cops for responding to a 911 call. Accidents do happen and I can only hope that this cop won’t be treated as the female cop in Minnesota who thought she was using a taser and it was her service weapon. She is in jail without bail awaiting sentencing. Dercowitz (sp) said her verdict is setting a bad precedent.
What, that police should be accountable for their actions and mistakes?

Latest posts

Top Bottom