laptop batteries

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is the amp hr rating, compared to the OEM?
Your charger may be the problem.
2hr should be sufficient.

Sidenote: BatteriesPlus has laptop batteries. Top quality and fair price
Most are higher capacity than the factory batteries.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
The OEM was 2800 mAh. I think the replacement is 2400, but I'd have to pull it out to confirm.
I would have to do some searching but I wonder if the laptop is expecting 2800 and only sees the full 2400 so its show 75%. I will do some googling when I get back to computer. You may need to recalibrate via bios or Toshiba battery tool.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would have to do some searching but I wonder if the laptop is expecting 2800 and only sees the full 2400 so its show 75%. I will do some googling when I get back to computer. You may need to recalibrate via bios or Toshiba battery tool.

Never thought of that. But, it seems this thing is getting worse. Last charge, it only came up to 69%. I believe this battery is just a turd.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never thought of that. But, it seems this thing is getting worse. Last charge, it only came up to 69%. I believe this battery is just a turd.

Yep, I would concur. Same issue I had with my old tablet. Started off kinda ok and then the opposite issue. When draining it would slowly just drop dead at a higher and higher percentage. Eventually it always had to be plugged in. Wasn't worth sticking a 100 dollar battery in a 8 year old tablet so I turned it into a picture frame.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What is the amp hr rating, compared to the OEM?
Your charger may be the problem.
2hr should be sufficient.

Sidenote: BatteriesPlus has laptop batteries. Top quality and fair price
Most are higher capacity than the factory batteries.

Actually, I pulled it out and it is also 2800, just like the original. The vendor has already offered a replacement and, if it has the same issue, a full refund. So, I will try one more, then probably go to Batteries Plus. Thanks!

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went through the we will send another battery shuffle with the tablet till it was no longer refundable. Then they just removed them from Amazon as they didn't have any more. Was too late for Amazon to refund as well. Part of the reason why I just moved on. I bought a replacement battery for my wife's laptop a few years ago. It stayed plugged in most of the time anyway but with a 17 inch screen, i7, nvidia 600 series graphics 16GB of ram and SSD it's still a better computer than what most people are buying from walmart today.

Latest posts

Top Bottom