Largo shooters--good deal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
too bad i dont have my destroyer carbine anymore

Wish I had one. Got three Star Modelo Supers. One is pretty nice, but the others are Sarco "gunsmith specials." I bought three of those for about $90 each. Had to take them completely apart. One was just dirty, but the other two needed work on the safeties. Sold the best "junker" to a friend. They are fun to shoot. All of mine like the Blazer aluminum ammo, but according to the Spanish Pistol Forum on Gunboards, not all do. Case design is pretty different.

Some folks shoot .38 Super successfully (Largo is usually about 100 fps hotter). I don't like the idea of substituting ammo.

The ammo to stay away from completely is Winchester 9x23. It's much much hotter, and designed for an entirely different gun that makes major power factor with a 9mm bullet. The brass can be reloaded for a largo round, but one has to factor in a smaller case volume because of the thicker Win 9x23 case walls.

I know of three Destroyer carbines which were destroyed by this ammo. Fortunately no one was hurt, because all three involved bolt/receiver failure to the extent that parts came off from the port area. Way too much pressure.

The supers must be stronger, because I know of a few people who have "gotten away" with using the Win ammo. (That's like running a car tire designed for 32 pounds of pressure at 60 psi and saying "see, nothing happened.")

If anybody has a Modelo Super, holsters for the CZ 52 fit them perfectly. I had a left over Falco double shoulder rig after I sold a CZ 52, and both the holster and the mag pouches fit the Super as though made for them.

Everybody needs a hobby. CB

Latest posts

Top Bottom