Lawn Equipment Maintenance Part Two!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Update: I ordered and have used the Reaper blades on my Hustler fastrak 48 for about 5-6 hours. They have the best cut of any blade I've tried.

I still have have grass and dirt collect under the deck, but certainly not worse than normal, maybe less.

The jury is out on durability. The blades had some chipping after the very first short use. Rocks, roots, stumps, and nwood debris are unavoidable at my place. I'll know better after more use.

Overall I like them. Good cut and cost less than others I've used.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Update: I ordered and have used the Reaper blades on my Hustler fastrak 48 for about 5-6 hours. They have the best cut of any blade I've tried.

I still have have grass and dirt collect under the deck, but certainly not worse than normal, maybe less.

The jury is out on durability. The blades had some chipping after the very first short use. Rocks, roots, stumps, and nwood debris are unavoidable at my place. I'll know better after more use.

Glad to hear. I actually put some on my parents Bad Boy Sunday. Hopefully it dries up some so I can mow. I’m excited to see how they do.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I been mowing wet and love it, no ****ing dust! It’s cool early in the dew morning and/or after a rain the next morning . I put a 5x10 concrete slab in. Water to the deck wash and let it run a few minutes right after mowing. Clean deck. run it a bit sling off water and let it dry! I was doing it on a section of 26g R Panel and it worked great, but the slab of flat surface is the ticket!

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I recently picked up a Gravley 52 HD ZT, I ordered them “Reapers” for it as well as my Hustler Fastrak ones did so well. The Gravely ones are bright green. Hustlers are red. They are doing a great job on my mowers.
I have been abusing the Hustler Fastrak 48. Cleaning up some property I recently bought. The blades are tough so far.

IMG_4719.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom