Lawton FGST Lunch!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hope everyone is weathering the storm ok.

So far so good. Few flickers but so far nothing extended.

BTW - anyone iterested in a Thursday (or Wed) Fat Guy lunch this week since Friday many a lawton Fat Guy may be ummm...under the weather.

I'm always up for an eat or a shoot as long as mama doesn't have me occuwise otherpied.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Power went out for a little while (maybe two hours) but all seems well now. Anyone else?

Power went out around 9:30 last night.

Hooked up the generator and was good to go.

Rattled the gas cans. Hmmmm, somehow I must have forgotten to fill them last time I rotated them.

Ran to the EZgo for 15 gallons.

Power came back on around 11:30/12:00

Disconnected generator.

Power went off again at 1:00, 1:15, 2 and 2:30AM.

Finally decided I was tired of the interruptions and started up the genny again.

No power this morning at the house, neighborhood or office.

Nice to have a garage door opener and heater when my neighbors are propping their garage doors open with ladders!!

Have the family down from Tuttle. Lotsa damage up in the OKC/Yukon/Mustang area.

Hope things don't last too long. Don't feel like doing PM on the genny in the cold!!

Dave

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Power went out around 9:30 last night.

Hooked up the generator and was good to go.

Rattled the gas cans. Hmmmm, somehow I must have forgotten to fill them last time I rotated them.

Ran to the EZgo for 15 gallons.

Power came back on around 11:30/12:00

Disconnected generator.

Power went off again at 1:00, 1:15, 2 and 2:30AM.

Finally decided I was tired of the interruptions and started up the genny again.

No power this morning at the house, neighborhood or office.

Nice to have a garage door opener and heater when my neighbors are propping their garage doors open with ladders!!

Have the family down from Tuttle. Lotsa damage up in the OKC/Yukon/Mustang area.

Hope things don't last too long. Don't feel like doing PM on the genny in the cold!!

Dave

Similar sequence of events, though I'd filled up a couple of extra cans a few weeks ago. Put the gen back up when power came on at 11:30 or so, then ignored and mostly slept through the on/offs until about 6:30 this morning then pulled the gen back out and fired it up until about 2:30 this afternoon when the power came back on.

Did you see the collapsed awning at the Stripes across from your office? Looks like the support weld gave way on one end.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Similar sequence of events, though I'd filled up a couple of extra cans a few weeks ago. Put the gen back up when power came on at 11:30 or so, then ignored and mostly slept through the on/offs until about 6:30 this morning then pulled the gen back out and fired it up until about 2:30 this afternoon when the power came back on.

Did you see the collapsed awning at the Stripes across from your office? Looks like the support weld gave way on one end.

Yeah, saw the awning.

Winds were vicious yesterday.

I went to the office to make sure heat was on. Opened the front door and the wind tore it out of my hand and slammed it against the brick wall.

Tore the pivots right out of the frame.

Got it fixed this AM, but now the door has a slight bend to it. Not noticeable.

Still running the genny at the house.

Dave

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Power was out here for just about 23 hours continuously. It just came back on about 90 minutes ago.

I have to give credit to Cotton Electric Cooperative - those folks were up working all night and providing updates regularly as well as promptly (I mean within minutes) answering questions posted to their FB page about service outages, estimated repair times, etc.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom