Layoff's after the election

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One small business owner in central OK wrote to Reid Mullins of the KTOK morning show that he will have to close his business after the first of the year due to all of the tax increases. He did not mention or Reid did not how many people he employees.

JesseR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are a few things this election taught me...

I do not care of American Airlines closes it's Tulsa facility and all the Union works loose their job

I will not buy a car built in a union plant

I will never vote for any form of tax increase on the basis it is for education or that is supported by the teacher union

Seeing the picture here... If you are union person, hate me all you like, but unions pander to a workforce who feel they can underperform and should be rewarded with not only employment but also with increase in pay.

From the sad fact of help being turned away from the East Coast due to them being non-Union, or the fact that so many Mid-West are union, I chose to not drink the cool-aid and say Unions are not good for society and our work force. We no longer live in day of employers paying their job force in tender that can only be used at the company store. If you don't like where you work, quit and get another job.

My .03 and I know very good many on here are union, you might be a great person, but I don't care for your union.

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Jesse, Id never hate you simply for your beliefs. Differing opinions are the cornerstone of liberty.

But......

I am a member of a union here in Tulsa for an airline that is "American", and I do not reflect the lazy, selfish, or undeserving.

There are bad employees everywhere, not just union. Yes there are many bad things about SOME unions, not all. I dont know your reasons for being bitter nor do I care to, but you seem to be painting many good people with a broad brush.

If you do not think a group (workforce) banding together to capitalize on their assets (labor) in a free market is pure simple capitalism at its best then you might want to research it a little more.

Being anti-union, not to be confused with agnostic about unions, has roots in facism.

I know you're a good Christian guy, but not caring if thousands of good people lose their livelyhood, homes, and fall into dispair is very unChristlike.

Dont hate me though for MY differing opinion :D

PS...American Airlines' layoffs has nothing to do with the election outcome.

Latest posts

Top Bottom