Laziness kills 5 million people per year.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Being lazy can kill you: Physical inactivity responsible for 5 millions deaths every year
Having a couch potato lifestyle is a risk factor comparable to smoking or obesity, say experts in the medical journal The Lancet, which described physical inactivity as failing to do 30 minutes of moderate physical activity five times a week, 20 minutes of vigorous activity three times a week, or a combination of the two.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/life-sty...s-deaths-year-article-1.1116883#ixzz20zx6TOgg

NOT TRUE or I would have been dead years ago.......

Last edited:

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's a sign of the times. When I was a kid we had maybe 3 channels on a black and white tv. Re daytime, unless you wanted to watch soaps you were out of luck.

So we played outside. Football, baseball, etc. Stuff that required physical activity.

Today kids have video games, 100s of channels on tvs, DVDs, etc. We've made a society perfect for lethargy, but at the same time condemn it?

When I was your age, we had to get up and change the channell!
When I was your age, a cell phone was a pay phone in the jail!
When I was your age, we didn't have salt!
When I was your age, we walked to school uphill in the snow both ways, barefoot, ate raw turnips and were glad to get it!

Last edited:

1fast8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was your age, we walked to school uphill in the snow both ways, barefoot, ate raw turnips and were glad to get it!
you forgot to tell about bread being a nickel and gas .29 cents a gallon

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

When I was your age, we didn't have Strom Thurmon! Oh wait, yes we did.

In my day, the sun revolved around the world, and the world was perched on the back of a giant tortoise.

Back in my day, '60 Minutes' wasn't just a bunch of gray-haired liberal 80-year-old guys. It was a bunch of gray-haired liberal 60-year-old guys.

In my day, we didn't have virtual reality. If a one-eyed razorback barbarian warrior was chasing you with an ax, you just had to hope you could outrun him.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Top Bottom