LE flashlight question on Stinger lights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I am getting a LED C4 Stinger for duty. Dual switch version. I will be carrying a dedicated weaponlight and a surefire backup in my pocket.

Poly or non-poly version?

Is the heft noticable; is the plastic model less rugged?

Steady charger or fast charger?
Will one be better for overall battery life?

Is having a ready to go, backup battery for the stinger important to you?

thanks.

liliysdad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have and have carried both the Poly and regular Stinger. The weight difference in not noticeable, and the poly tends to get worn out and have issues sooner through normal wear and teat.

I do not carry a Stinger on my belt, and have not for years. It is far too bulky. I carry a Surefire 6P on my belt, and have a Inova T4 as my primary. It usually rides in the car, or in my back pocket. I also have an UltraStinger on the charger in the car.

I prefer the Inova to anything Streamlight makes in that size. I also dislike the Dual Switch model. In my opinion, the Stinger is too big for a tailcap switch. Opinions vary, however.

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I carry the Stinger LED on my belt. I don't think I'd feel comfortable carrying the poly incase I had to use it as an impact weapon. I have only used a fast charger on both my Stinger's, and both hold a great charge. My older stinger(2 years old) has been on a fast charger since day one and has never had an issue with the battery. A Stinger battery is cheap, so it doesn't hurt to have one available.

Just incase you're wondering, the Stinger LED is my primary, the Surefire is for quick backup purposes in my pocket, and I use the big ol' Streamlight mounted in my unit I sometimes use.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've carried a stinger on my belt for years. It doesn't hurt to have a back-up battery somewhere. I used to have a charger mounted in my unit that would charge both the light and an extra battery. It was a cigarette lighter plug in mount. I started having trouble with my vehicle battery being weak. That little charger was sucking the car battery dry. I had to remember to unplug the thing if the unit was parked overnight.

Latest posts

Top Bottom