Who carries an EDC pouch/pocket organizer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is something I've mauled over for years. As a cop, I carry a lot of crap. Over the years, I've become more and more of a minimalist. I ditched the heavy Batman utility belt to save me aching back, so as of now, my typical on duty loadout consists of this...

Glock 45 in a Safariland 7377 holster, FDE in color
Safariland 573 mag/"cuff paddle, also in FDE
Benchmade Mini Griptilian clipped inside front right pocket
Surefire G2X Tactical (600 lumens) clipped inside front left pocket
Wallet in right rear pocket
Leather covered Rite in the Rain notepad and cotton hank in left rear pocket
Victorinox Pioneer SAK and two spare CR123 batts in a plastic container in left front pocket
Ink pen clipped in polo shirt button placket

When I ditched the duty rig, I also lost a third Glock 45 mag (17 rounds) a second pair of handcuffs, a Gerber multitool and a ring for my dept. issue Streamlight Stinger flashlight.

While I do not regret my decision to "soften" my uniform with the absence of the duty belt (my fat old kiester said "Ahhhhh") I do miss carrying a multitool and a backup flashlight. I still carry my Stinger, but it stays in the car and my G2X is my primary light when I'm on foot.

I used to carry a third flashlight; a little Streamlight Microstream, clipped inside my shirt pocket, but we just got new polo uniform shirts and they don't have chest pockets on them. :pissed:

So...I've been thinking about a teeny-tiny pocket organizer of some sort to put in a cargo pocket of my trousers. Now, I want to keep this as minimal and small as possible. I'm not wanting to fill it with a bunch of crap. In fact, I'm only wanting to carry two or three things in it that I do miss carrying with me...

A small backup flashlight
A small multitool
A backup ink pen

I found a pouch that looks like just what I need. It's made by a company that I've never heard of...Viperade. The particular model I'm thinking of is the V13.

viperade-edc-organizer-pouch-ve13-mini-edc-pouch-32916483932327_600x.jpg

Acoording to their measurements, it's almost 4 inches tall and 3 inches wide. That's just about right for my beloved little Microstream and a Fisher Bullet Space Pen in one slot, my Leatherman Juice S2 multitool in the other slot and maybe a spare AAA battery and a mini Bic lighter or something in the rear zipper compartment.

So...whatcha guys think? Anybody ever heard of this company? Are pocket organizers bulky, uncomfortable and not worth the trouble? What is the feedback of the masses (and asses).

:thanku:

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't have any suggestions to help you out...but I remember your pain.

When I was a young new cop I carried so much s**t on my belt I needed a trailer hitch on the back to tow some of it around. Same went for my patrol rifle.

By the time I retired I was down to the bare minimums. Even my rifle was a pencil-barreled LE6520 with a GI-style sling and a small light. Duty belt had gun, 2 mags, radio, double cuff case and pepper spray (I used that s**t like it was free...oh, wait...it was!). I carried a smaller Streamlight in a sap pocket on my pants.

I see some of the loadouts guys carry these days and wonder how they get around. Just the stuff I carried with my body armor weighed a bit over 39 pounds. When you add the clothing and boots it's pretty close to 50 pounds I was carrying around for 10 or 12 hours a day. I'm glad I don't have to carry all that around any more.

shelshy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have this one. Fits in the pocket of my Propper tac pants just fine. Have a flashlight, pry bar, extra knife, Sog Power Pint, Fisher Space Pen, and kydex wallet that has my lesser used cards in it.

I have a bigger one that I keep in my backpack with a notepad, pens, battery bank, phone cord, Gerber Multi-Plier and some celox.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have this one. Fits in the pocket of my Propper tac pants just fine. Have a flashlight, pry bar, extra knife, Sog Power Pint, Fisher Space Pen, and kydex wallet that has my lesser used cards in it.

I have a bigger one that I keep in my backpack with a notepad, pens, battery bank, phone cord, Gerber Multi-Plier and some celox.

I looked at that one, but I don't really want a clamshell type. I want it thin.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't have any suggestions to help you out...but I remember your pain.

When I was a young new cop I carried so much s**t on my belt I needed a trailer hitch on the back to tow some of it around. Same went for my patrol rifle.

By the time I retired I was down to the bare minimums. Even my rifle was a pencil-barreled LE6520 with a GI-style sling and a small light. Duty belt had gun, 2 mags, radio, double cuff case and pepper spray (I used that s**t like it was free...oh, wait...it was!). I carried a smaller Streamlight in a sap pocket on my pants.

I see some of the loadouts guys carry these days and wonder how they get around. Just the stuff I carried with my body armor weighed a bit over 39 pounds. When you add the clothing and boots it's pretty close to 50 pounds I was carrying around for 10 or 12 hours a day. I'm glad I don't have to carry all that around any more.

Yeah, I'm down to the bare minimum. I'm getting too old and fat for all that sch!t. Nowadays, ounces become pounds.

Latest posts

Top Bottom