Who carries an EDC pouch/pocket organizer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

No+Country+For+Old+Men+1.jpg

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have any suggestions to help you out...but I remember your pain.

When I was a young new cop I carried so much s**t on my belt I needed a trailer hitch on the back to tow some of it around. Same went for my patrol rifle.

By the time I retired I was down to the bare minimums. Even my rifle was a pencil-barreled LE6520 with a GI-style sling and a small light. Duty belt had gun, 2 mags, radio, double cuff case and pepper spray (I used that s**t like it was free...oh, wait...it was!). I carried a smaller Streamlight in a sap pocket on my pants.

I see some of the loadouts guys carry these days and wonder how they get around. Just the stuff I carried with my body armor weighed a bit over 39 pounds. When you add the clothing and boots it's pretty close to 50 pounds I was carrying around for 10 or 12 hours a day. I'm glad I don't have to carry all that around any more.
That damn Second Chance bullet resistant girdle was a necessary evil and it tried to kill you every summer day over 90 degrees. We had the standard Sam Browne belt and navy blue doubleknit uniform with the creases sewn in. No cargo pants, no baseball cap. Damn sure no shorts or tennis shoes for summer. We had the New York City type cornered hat and it had better be on your head when you got out of the car.

I liked the vest in really cold weather. It was just a stiff blanket.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is what I have been carrying during the job. I don't carry it, it is just draped over the passenger seat headrest. After me fixing the van two times with my makeshift tool kit, no one says anything about it.

1659496895939.jpeg

EDC BAG 3.jpg

This is what anyone sees if they get curious and unzip that special compartment.

EDC BAG HANES.jpg

EDC BAG 4.jpg

Beau B

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had one I was using for a while, made by maxpedition. It’s cool, you can fit a small notebook, pen, little flashlight, and all kinds of other stuff. But to carry it I needed cargo pants! It is maybe a little bigger than what you’re proposing. Most of the time I wear cargo pants with a whole bunch of pockets and can carry whatever I like in those. Kind of ugly but it works! The maxpedition sits in my center console now.
I’ve seen some pretty cool pocket organizers with 3 slots or so…knife, pen, flashlight.

Maxpedition Micro Pocket Organizer Amazon.com

Latest posts

Top Bottom