lead vs. plated question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

climbtothebeet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok. I ordered a bunch or 180 fp lead for .40. And a bunch of accurate #5. I missread my book plated for lead. Am I safe to stick with the recommended 5.8 gr of a5 for these or do I need to buy more powder?

climbtothebeet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i know the plated guys use cast data, and figured it would work the other way. i want the accurate 5 to work with this load, so starting with the low side of copper plated is safe for cast using the oal data for plated????

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK, looks like we are on the same page.

I looked at AA site and they don't list a 40 S&W in the 180 grain weight. I also looked at www.handloads.com and couldn't find anything there for lead bullets. Others may have more information, but I couldn't find anything that helps.

tman

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've started shooting cast lead and plated bullets and have done some research on loading lead bullets. If you haven't done so already I recommend doing research on barrel leading and issues caused by barrel leading. It's actually very interesting if you're a geek like me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom