Buck Forage Oats and 4x4 Fall Mix

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The seed prices and shipping have jumped this year,unfortunately. The 4 X 4 Fall Mix this year is $35.00 for a 5 pound bag which contains over 700,000 seeds and covers a half acre nicely. The Buck Forage Oats is $41.00 for a $50 pound bag tax exempt. The plant rate for the BFO's is 100 pounds per acre. The BFO's will provide 40% more forage that winter wheat and the deer have shown to prefer the oats over the winter wheat. I recommend both be planted around September 15th to 21st to maximize the success of your germination as these are cool season seeds..

I had total knee replacement surgery in late March and have not fully recovered yet. When the shipments arrive I will need everyone to pick up their order as quickly as possible as I will not be to much help loading your truck. I am sorry for any inconvenience this will cause.

If you have any questions please call 405-850-1630.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Count me in George. Refresh my memory. What's in the 4x4? When do you need to know by?

Edited--FIL just replied.
Either way, I'll take 4 bags of the BFO and 5 of the 4x4. Depending on my FIL and his needs, I may order more. Thanks

Last edited:

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Parks 788 - send me a pm with your cell number and I will answer your questions as I feel sure that you will have a couple more.
Thank you kindly for your order, it is appreciated.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Deer Slayer, looking at the forecast for next week, we finally have rain coming (hopefully). Will the order get placed for this week?

I'm in for one 4x4 and one BFO, per our conversation.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, I saw that rain was forecast for next week and I will place the order on Wednesday of this week. I caution everyone that just because we are going to get some rain next week that does'nt mean that the seed needs to be planted yet. I recommend that these cool season seeds be planted in 2-3 weeks because we should have additional rains to increase soil moisture and the photo-period will be further shortened meaning the air temps will be decreasing because the hours of daylight will be decreasing. People get in a hurry and plant too soon and the temps go back up and the newly spouted seed withers and dies.

I,personally dont plant until the 21st of September or 1st of October and I never have had the seeds fail to germinate. When you do your field prep those deer are curious about what you are doing and they will walk over the field at night and see what is up. When the weather conditions are right the seeds will pop up and the kids will know and start grazing on the new protein.

Latest posts

Top Bottom