Learning to fish all over again......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The bite was a little slow by the time I got on the water late yesterday afternoon/early evening. Bluebird skies and 30.22 on the barometer. I was looking for largemouth and the occasional crappie. Caught a few smallish largemouth and one Kentucky before this guy hit right at the boat in 3' of water. It was a beautiful afternoon to be on the water! :)
]

Nice hybrid! Deep creek channel near by?
Don't usually see them on the flats like are on the background.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice hybrid! Deep creek channel near by?
Don't usually see them on the flats like are on the background.

He was a few hundred yards from anything deeper than 15ft. The channel where I caught him was about 20 yards away and 10ft or so. He was closer to the shore than the channel. I've caught everything in that little spot. Largemouth, smallies, kentucky, sandbass, hybrid, crappie, even saugeye. One day there the wife and I caught 9 different species, mostly all on one crankbait. :)

BTW, water temp was 65.4. I think just a few more degrees and things will turn on pretty good.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
He was a few hundred yards from anything deeper than 15ft. The channel where I caught him was about 20 yards away and 10ft or so. He was closer to the shore than the channel. I've caught everything in that little spot. Largemouth, smallies, kentucky, sandbass, hybrid, crappie, even saugeye. One day there the wife and I caught 9 different species, mostly all on one crankbait. :)

BTW, water temp was 65.4. I think just a few more degrees and things will turn on pretty good.
I missed the part where you gave directions on how to get to the spot.... lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom