Learning to fish all over again......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Y'all are killing me. Just bought this last week and I'm traveling most of the month of April and May.

20150403_145240.jpg

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just went out and restocked on some crappie gear that I was needing. Hoping to go out to thunderbird or Stanley draper this weekend. Will let you guys know how it goes!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What is your preferred colors and type of jig? if you don't mind me asking

There are so many different styles and colors of jigs out there now, it's hard to keep up.
My personal preference is white or a silver shad color, or a chartreuse with sparkles. If casting and retrieving, I like a Curley tail, if vertical jigging, one with a skirt or flat tail to wiggle at the slightest movement.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
First day to actually do well from the boat. Been out three other times and only got a couple, this time we got about 22 in the boat. Most were a bit to small, but we cleaned 8. The oldest boy actually caught more than me. Was an interesting lesson in how finicky sandies can be. White little fishy with chartreuse heads worked great. With white heads you would get occasional bites. I never caught any on anything else I tried, from topwaters to shad raps and various other colored jigs. Saw one other boat land a fish, using a rooster tail sorta thing. Also, we couldn't get them to bite unless we trolled. Was a great time, the boys had a blast so that made the day.

images.tapatalk_cdn.com_15_04_10_4d9f88345797158605960a9196518244.jpg

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The bite was a little slow by the time I got on the water late yesterday afternoon/early evening. Bluebird skies and 30.22 on the barometer. I was looking for largemouth and the occasional crappie. Caught a few smallish largemouth and one Kentucky before this guy hit right at the boat in 3' of water. It was a beautiful afternoon to be on the water! :)

17083759436_dfa1ea736c_o.jpg
[/url]Hybrid by glocktogo[/IMG]

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First day to actually do well from the boat. Been out three other times and only got a couple, this time we got about 22 in the boat. Most were a bit to small, but we cleaned 8. The oldest boy actually caught more than me. Was an interesting lesson in how finicky sandies can be. White little fishy with chartreuse heads worked great. With white heads you would get occasional bites. I never caught any on anything else I tried, from topwaters to shad raps and various other colored jigs. Saw one other boat land a fish, using a rooster tail sorta thing. Also, we couldn't get them to bite unless we trolled. Was a great time, the boys had a blast so that made the day.
]
Looks like you and the kids had a great day on the water! Congrats!

Latest posts

Top Bottom