Legal Updates-

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Button in the HANDLE of the knife is key. Most spring assist knives have the nub or whatever on the blade. It actually does remove quite a bit of ambiguity of what is a "switchblade" versus spring assist.

I asked a MSGT on the OKC PD about the definition of a switch blade awhile back. The button on the handle, and the blade exiting the end of the knife constitutes a switch blade in his understanding of the law. Granted he is not Judge, jury, but that was his opinion.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I asked a MSGT on the OKC PD about the definition of a switch blade awhile back. The button on the handle, and the blade exiting the end of the knife constitutes a switch blade in his understanding of the law. Granted he is not Judge, jury, but that was his opinion.

My understanding is that state law still does not supersede local knife laws. This is unfortunate because it seems nearly impossible to find a list of local knife laws.

Latest posts

Top Bottom