LEO Notification of Concealed Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Um, it is written:

when the person first comes into contact with any law enforcement officer of this state or its political subdivisions or a federal law enforcement officer during
the course of any arrest, detainment, or routine traffic stop.

It further states:

"Contact means"

a Conversation
b A stop of a motor vehicle, whether the citizen is driving or a passenger; or
c Any arrest, for any reason

read that part again

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I notify every officer I encounter. That gets really time-consuming at places like the State Fair, but I know it's my obligation. Recently I've started seeking out officers to notify. I guess one of those badges pinned on my shirt could come in really handy. :)

Seriously...detainment, arrest or routine traffic stop. Arrest and traffic stop are pretty easy to figure out. Detainment is a little more tricky so if you're not sure just ask. "Am I being detained?" If you think that would be a stupid question to ask then you don't need to notify.

Bryan

boomerzz

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I notify every officer I encounter. That gets really time-consuming at places like the State Fair, but I know it's my obligation. Recently I've started seeking out officers to notify. I guess one of those badges pinned on my shirt could come in really handy. :)

Seriously...detainment, arrest or routine traffic stop. Arrest and traffic stop are pretty easy to figure out. Detainment is a little more tricky so if you're not sure just ask. "Am I being detained?" If you think that would be a stupid question to ask then you don't need to notify.

Bryan

I know, one waved me through an intersection with a car wreck in it and he said "turn left here" to me, so... then I had to stop the car in the middle of an intersection, get out and walk up to him and tell him "btw, I'm carrying a concealed weapon... do you want me to continue holding up traffic while we discuss this? or should I just get back in my car?"

:P

(that was a joke!... in reality unless one asks me a question I have never notified, and I wont until then!)

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
<?php

/**
* Implementation of hook_statute()
*/

function sda_contact_statute() {
if (isset($user['arrested']) || isset($user['detained']) || isset($user['traffic_stop']) && (!empty($contact['law_enforcement'])) {
$notification = t('yes');
}
else {
$notification = t('no');
}
return $notification;
} // sda_contact_statute()

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know, one waved me through an intersection with a car wreck in it and he said "turn left here" to me, so... then I had to stop the car in the middle of an intersection, get out and walk up to him and tell him "btw, I'm carrying a concealed weapon... do you want me to continue holding up traffic while we discuss this? or should I just get back in my car?"

The other day I exited Highway 169 in Tulsa at 11th street and there were a bunch of police cars in a parking lot there. I pulled in for my usual notification process but they were all empty. It took me like two hours to leave notes on all their windshields.

Bryan

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
<?php

/**
*/

if (isset($user['arrested']) || isset($user['detained']) || isset($user['traffic_stop']) && (!empty($contact['law_enforcement'])) {
}
else {
$notification = t('no');
}
return $notification;

Careful folks! This a a virus that will take over your computer, erase your hard drive and send out emails to every police officer in the country about your CCW status!!!

Bryan

dru

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
<?php

/**
*/

}
else {
$notification = t('no');
}
return $notification;

LOL. I love it....a bit long for sig lines though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom