Lets see all the AR's!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haha - Wormy's well-endowed AR is a lie - Smoke and mirrors, smoke and mirrors.

That long-ass handguard looks good on your rig man - that's what makes it look longer (that and the humongous break). That carbine is starting to grow on me.

I'm gonna be honest though man - I liked it better with the Millet/LaRue on it over that Acog. Never thought I'd hear myself say that.

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
...I bet it was monstrously heavy. It looks like it balances very well now with the ACOG. Not to mention it's better constructed. :thumbup3:

The DMS-1 is good glass for the money but my god....you gotta consider the weight. It's like 18 oz. without the mount or something. A lightweight rifle loses that distinction after putting one of those on it.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
...I bet it was monstrously heavy. It looks like it balances very well now with the ACOG. Not to mention it's better constructed. :thumbup3:

The DMS-1 is good glass for the money but my god....you gotta consider the weight. It's like 18 oz. without the mount or something. A lightweight rifle loses that distinction after putting one of those on it.

Oh I totally get the reason for going to it -its a top-notch optic, but the Acog (to me) just doesn't look right on the SPR'ish style AR he's got now after seeing it with the LaRue/TRS-1 - I don't know, maybe its the mount, but it just looks funny.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Millett was too damn heavy. The rifle was way top heavy and felt very awkward when trying to go from target to target. The ACOG w/ the LaRue mount is half the weight of the scope alone. Plus the illumination on the Millett doesn't work outside. The ACOG does, almost too bright in full sunshine. Th hanguard is 13" and the barrel is 16". From the angle of the pic it does look like 18", I have to answer that question often.

Here's a better pic maybe:
[Broken External Image]

The brake isn't all that "humongous". It's about the same size as a standard birdcage flashhider to be honest. But it makes a bigger BOOM. I have thought about changing but it looks too good.

I agree with the LaRue mount lookin odd. The ACOG is a compact acog so it's on a compact acog mount, only the acog is more medium sized than compact or fullsize. It would look funny in a regular LaRue acog mount and it looked odd in the stock mount. The compact mount saves weight too.

The UBR I could probably do withou but it helps balance the barrel. The hanguard is one of the lightest full lengths out there but the WOA barrel adds the most weight up front. O well it shoots damn good.

I like the comments and criticism. Everybody has there own likes and dislikes and that's the beauty of AR's. You can build them to your exact liking. Sure people would do it different but there aren't many like it and this one is mine.

-WD