Lets see all the AR's!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scotheocelot

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Scott, that's a nice plinker... interesting color choice. You don't see many done that way. I mean, unless the lighting is jacking with it. It's not OD or Foliage, right? Looks like a really bright green, almost emerald? I like it, it's just a definitely different style. Care to share what made you choose that color? Or is it just to be different? Nothing wrong with that...

It is Aervoe Forest Green camo paint. I liked examples of the color online. Plus I really like John Noveske's personal rifle which has a forest green cerakote over the major components. Since the majority of the components are noveske I thought "why not". Plus with the rattle can I can remove if or when I am feeling something different. The shade of green is hard to capture. It looks different in person and I get nothing but positive comments. It's different.

You can compare it to the colors found in multicam which are more of a drab mix.
[Broken External Image]

Noveske Upper, barrel, NSR rail, hand guard and K9
Aero Precision Full Ambi lower
Umbrella Corp Grip 23 & their lower kit
ALG trigger
ZeroFail BCG
Bad-Ass 45* lever
Norgon mag release
Micro T w/Tango Down Cover/Larue T660
Magpul STR
BCM Mod3 charging handle
BCM Comp Mod 1

Last edited:

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not about them working or not, it's about them being specifically designed to be installed a certain way. One is a hammer pin, the solid one. The other is the trigger pin, the one with threads. You want the solid one to be installed correctly if you plan on putting any kind of serious round count on the gun. Or not. Just trying to help.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
It's not about them working or not, it's about them being specifically designed to be installed a certain way. One is a hammer pin, the solid one. The other is the trigger pin, the one with threads. You want the solid one to be installed correctly if you plan on putting any kind of serious round count on the gun. Or not. Just trying to help.

It's not about design, it's about reading comprehension. He said he already fixed it.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
It is about reading comprehension. Reading the directions and comprehending them?

And I thought it was about design. Because the hammer pin is solid and stronger and won't break after a lot of rounds or when used with a 9mm upper (which obviously isn't the case here which is why I didn't bother bringing that up).

I actually saw where he said he fixed it. My post was responding to the post above his and also merely elaborating on why the directions say to install them a certain way.

But hey good job on policing my posts again. I was beginning to think you were ignoring me. Or was it the other way around? It's been so long I have forgot.

Nah, I've never put anyone on my ignore list here.

Got me. You were trying to be helpful. In the words of the high school kids I help with robotics: "You have mastered the ability to make people feel soulless while helping them."

Oh, I do see I've still got the touch; getting you riled up in under 15 words.

Other than apparently being really, really, good at annoying people, why would you want to ignore me?

Oh, and don't think you're special, you're not the only one I prod on occasion. There's a number of people that provide easy entertainment.

24T_missilejock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Aero lower
Aero LPK
PSA Upper
PSA Lightweight 16" barrel
PSA BCG
Midwest Ind. SSG2 rail
Aimpoint Patrol
Magpul MOE and Moe+K grip
Magpul gen 1 backups (possibly airsoft considering they were $10 at Wanenmacher's :P)
Magpul ASAP
Magpul MS3 (not pictured)
Elzetta light mount
Streamlight Polytac light
And of course a Rustoleum Dark taupe paintjob!

i1058.photobucket.com_albums_t414_3inSlugger_20140222_150839_zps3cdf2290.jpg

Forgive the ignorance, but will those cheap airsoft sights work? Any zeroing issues? breakage issues?