Let's see the Jeeps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have never been to Poteau to jeep... I always heard you need big parts and a big motor there.... I had neither :)

I would say that 40's or bigger, a reinforced cage, and something better than factory seat belts and a low COG is almost a prerequisite for Poteau. You can get by without the big motor IF you have the gearing. YMMV

Rdhaley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Clayton has two areas that's left for jeeps. The old trails, three stage, rock creek, etc. are off limits now. Green Acres (hardcore) and Freiling ORV (moderate) are what's left.

Poteau mountain has also been closed, but locals are trying to get a lease. Cavanuagh Hill is still open. Both are extreme.

There are many rumors about Chandler park.. I have never been hassled there and have never seen any "no tresspassing" signs. But if fools keep shooting guns and leaving stolen vehicles there, it will be a forbidden place.

zeek

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Clayton has two areas that's left for jeeps. The old trails, three stage, rock creek, etc. are off limits now. Green Acres (hardcore) and Freiling ORV (moderate) are what's left.

Poteau mountain has also been closed, but locals are trying to get a lease. Cavanuagh Hill is still open. Both are extreme.

There are many rumors about Chandler park.. I have never been hassled there and have never seen any "no tresspassing" signs. But if fools keep shooting guns and leaving stolen vehicles there, it will be a forbidden place.

yea what he said, the old clayton is off limits now.freilings is good and green acres is getting better all the time. lots of new trails on the backside of the hill (gobblers knob) would recommend at tha least 40" tires and lots of lift. oh yea,for those of you thinking of going to green acres full lockers or welded diffs mandatory. if you dont know what that means you shouldnt go.:ooh2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom