lets talk watches (mid to high end)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whatever you buy, make sure it is sapphire crystal. I used to wear cheaper watches like Fossils and would have to replace them way before they quit working because the face was so scratched I couldn't see the dials. I am pretty tough on watches. I bought an Oakley several years ago with a heavy stainless band. I have put some scratches on the band but the face is still impeccable. In the end, I was way ahead, spending a little on this watch rather than replacing a bunch of lesser watches that I beat up. If you do everything in your watch like I do, the sapphire crystal is a must have.

Leemaxx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
My dad gave me an Omega Speedmaster Moon Watch for Christmas in 1979. I still have it...

Very nice. I hope to have a couple of nice timepieces to pass down to my son.... That is if I can instill in him an appreciation for quality watches/firearms.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can get NATO or Zulu straps for almost anything. It prefer a good braclet, but NATOs are pretty darn comfey!

Is there anybody in Tulsa that carries them?

I've always used Waterborne but they're made in China now and about half as thick as the original ones from Australia.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The last watch i had is a fossil. Black face with blue digital flames that came up the face. It was pretty cool. I just look at my phone if i want to know tyhe time. I havent worn a watch in years.

Garand

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just look at my phone if i want to know tyhe time. I havent worn a watch in years.

I did the same thing for years, but a few years ago I got into kayak fishing and was stowing my phone in a drybox out of reach. I picked up this Casio Mudman to fill the gap and have been wearing a watch daily since

ecx.images_amazon.com_images_I_41pF2N41JvL._SL246_SX190_CR0_0_190_246_.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom