A watch for the wife.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, wife’s birthday is next month, and she wants a watch. 2 years ago I bought her a nice shinola, that she loves, but now she wants something a little “less nice” that she can take outdoors/wear when she isn’t at work/dressed up/etc. She doesn’t like the fact that you have to wind and set mechanical watches, so quartz is best. 6” wrists and tiny hands, her 36mm watch works perfect for her, I don’t know if a 38mm will be too big, but no bigger than that I feel.

My first reaction was “Luminox!” Because they make some solid outdoorsy watches, and I love mine. But the smallest watch they make is 39mm and twice my budget at the moment. I would like to keep things under $500.

Any suggestions?

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My first thought was for the women's Citizen Promaster dive collection. They are 36 or 37mm, very rugged Eco-Drive watches, and come in a variety of color options. That style may not be what your looking for at all though, it's just what I thought of first.

Last edited:

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
My first thought was for the women's Citizen Promaster dive collection. They are 36 or 37mm, very rugged Eco-Drive watches, and come in a variety of color options. That style may not be what your looking for at all though, it's just what I thought of first.
I am honestly not too sure if she would like them, I managed to marry the one woman in the world that doesn't walk around looking at things saying "oh I like that!". But she said she liked the Shinola I got her on my own, and that her engagement ring was "perfect", which surprised me. Nobody in her family has heard her say "its perfect". Typically "I love it" is extremely high praise from her.
But in my mind, the promaster divers look nice, and should fit the bill for being resilient. Should be a solid do everything watch. I am personally a big fan of the offset 4 o clock crown, been wanting to get myself a watch with that for a while. Suggestions on finding one out in town? I would like to avoid paying retail through citizen, and Jomashop says that orders will ship in 3-5 weeks? Her birthday is in 2 weeks.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am honestly not too sure if she would like them, I managed to marry the one woman in the world that doesn't walk around looking at things saying "oh I like that!". But she said she liked the Shinola I got her on my own, and that her engagement ring was "perfect", which surprised me. Nobody in her family has heard her say "its perfect". Typically "I love it" is extremely high praise from her.
But in my mind, the promaster divers look nice, and should fit the bill for being resilient. Should be a solid do everything watch. I am personally a big fan of the offset 4 o clock crown, been wanting to get myself a watch with that for a while. Suggestions on finding one out in town? I would like to avoid paying retail through citizen, and Jomashop says that orders will ship in 3-5 weeks? Her birthday is in 2 weeks.
Amazon? In town, your going to pay retail because they'll only be available new through an authorized dealer. If you want a discount, I'd go eBay first, then amazon. You can buy brand new sometimes up to 30% off MSRP from eBay, but there's the shipping game to deal with. See if they can offer some expedited type of shipping. If you want to buy in town, I don't know where you can go that wouldn't be MSRP.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If she's looking for a quartz tool watch in the 36mm - 38mm size range, there's always Vaer. I haven't personally owned one and I doubt that it would be quite the same quality as a Citizen Promaster Tough...but they're an option as well. Their 36mm quartz Atlas model looks pretty nice for $270 IMO. Unfortunately, it looks like they're currently sold out. Other models should still be available though.

C3-Atlas-Black-QR-BR-PR.jpg

Depending on her style, there's always the Marathon 34mm and 36mm General Purpose quartz lineup. This particular 34mm is currently $306.

WW194015BK-NGM-BKNATO-IMG1-Hero_381x@3x.progressive.jpg

Last edited:

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got mine a big wall clock that stays in the kitchen 🤷‍♂️
Ironically, at the moment I do about 99% of the cooking. Also, I tore out the old kitchen and built the new one up from the studs, and If I have to add one more thing to that kitchen I'm gonna lose it. I'm so over this home renovation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom