Lexington WMA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaun Tucker

New to the site!
Reaction score
hello, new hunter is it a waste of time to got out to Lexington WMA when gun season opens? I've heard crazy busy? Should I just give up for this year and try to get on a lease for next year?

Thanks

Shaun

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
hello, new hunter is it a waste of time to got out to Lexington WMA when gun season opens? I've heard crazy busy? Should I just give up for this year and try to get on a lease for next year?

Thanks

Shaun
If I'm not mistaken it's illegal. Used to be it was draw hunts only for rifle and no one was allowed during that time except those guys

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yup. Closed to rifle hunting and closed first 9 days of rifle season for archery hunting
7a5aa903aaddcc233e35a4eae791c6fa.jpg

tslabaugh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did see they finally got the rifle range opened up. Great for all you city guys that need a free place to shoot rifles, pending all the crazies that shoot there.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken it's illegal. Used to be it was draw hunts only for rifle and no one was allowed during that time except those guys
From the Hunting regs, p. 53:

Lexington WMA
Cleveland County

Hunting Contact: Sr. Wildlife Biologist Rex Umber (405) 527-6476 or (405) 823-8714.
Game Warden: Tell Judkins (405) 850-9757.

Area closed to all activities (except shooting range) for controlled deer hunts Nov. 11-12 and Nov. 15-16, 2017.

CLOSED SEASONS
Deer Gun, Youth Deer Gun, Holiday Antlerless Deer Gun, Turkey Fall Archery, Turkey Fall Gun, Trapping

SEASONS w/ SPECIAL RESTRICTIONS
• Deer Archery: Closed during the first nine days of deer gun season.
• Deer Muzzleloader: Closed to antlerless harvest the first two days.
• Dove, Rail, Gallinule, Crow, Snipe, Waterfowl, Rabbit, Squirrel, Quail, Woodcock, Pursuit with Hounds, Predator/Furbearer Calling: Closed from the opening day of deer archery season through the first nine days of deer gun season.
• Turkey Spring, Youth Turkey Spring: One-tom limit; seasons combined.

ADDITIONAL RESTRICTIONS
Closed to all nonhunting activities, except hunter camping, from Oct. 1 - Feb. 15. However, fishing and angler camping is permitted at Lake Dahlgren.

Lake Dahlgren is closed to all activities during controlled hunts.

Hunter and angler camping is allowed in designated areas.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Buddy drew into the bonus hunt tomorrow. Not much of a bonus since it's open to ML and it's prolly been stomped out, but if he shoots a doe he can go back and buck hunt. So,it's a two deer hunt if it works out.

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Buddy drew into the bonus hunt tomorrow. Not much of a bonus since it's open to ML and it's prolly been stomped out, but if he shoots a doe he can go back and buck hunt. So,it's a two deer hunt if it works out.
My brother in law shot a doe on there from a draw hunt a few years back that they judged to be 8 years old. Oldest the officials ever saw on there they said. Even the wise ones screw up now and then!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

That sucks. I know another member that drew a Salt Plains Controlled hunt that had a youth hunt in their area the weekend before. He was wondering why so many gut piles were around.
I drew Western Wall once with the same scenario of a youth hunt the week before. There were zero deer killed on our weekend.

Latest posts

Top Bottom