Lib dem CT anti-Second Amendment Sen. Chris Murphy Goes Full Derp After Watching Latest NRA Ad

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Liberals are scared of a comment about a clenched fist when the fugging idiots chose this symbol to resist Trump??

dcc16b83bc49d7aa54beff8ecc1b4f84.jpg

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Liberals are scared of a comment about a clenched fist when the fugging idiots chose this symbol to resist Trump??

dcc16b83bc49d7aa54beff8ecc1b4f84.jpg

FROM A PREVIOUS POSTING OF MINE ON ANOTHER THREAD. IT'LL NEVER GROW OLD OR BECOME OUT OF DATE:
+1 The double standards, hypocrisy, elitism, arrogance, demonizing, bullying, demagoguery, etc., etc., etc. by the lib dems and their MSM marches on, and on, and on, and on.

PS The lib dems not only scared of a comment about a clenched fist, they are more afraid of the truth(detrimental/devistating to their agendas) that the clenched fist represents.

Last edited:

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember a time when the National Rifle Association's (NRA) primary role was to promote shooting sports, teach gun safety, and even sponsor (help build?) shooting ranges . . . all in the name of educating and supporting the next generation of shooting enthusiasts.
They were involved with high school and college shooting teams, supported Boy Scout merit badge acquisition (for shooting), and even helped support the shooting portion of some JROTC programs in cooperation with our military. Their members were the definitive experts on gunsmithing, customization, ammunition, reloading, ballistics, range etiquette, hunting, and all other things related to weapons and the shooting sports.
Over time the NRA has strayed from their original 'mandate' and have become nothing more than a lobby group and PAC (Political Action Committee) whose primary purpose now is simply to raise money and fight any and all gun regulation bills, regardless whether those bills are based on 'common sense' or not.
Though I am a paid Life Member of the NRA, I no longer support most of what they do, and will not support them until such time that they get back to doing what they were originally meant to do - educate and support the next generation of shooting enthusiasts.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Over time the NRA has strayed from their original 'mandate' and have become nothing more than a lobby group and PAC (Political Action Committee) whose primary purpose now is simply to raise money and fight any and all gun regulation bills, regardless whether those bills are based on 'common sense' or not.
Though I am a paid Life Member of the NRA, I no longer support most of what they do, and will not support them until such time that they get back to doing what they were originally meant to do - educate and support the next generation of shooting enthusiasts.

Unfortunately, if the NRA doesn't do the PAC (Political Action Committee) thing, the education and support of the next generation of shooting enthusiasts and 2nd Amendment Rights thing doesn't stand a snowballs chances in Hell/Hades of occurring/surviving. I can't believe that anyone can't fathom/decipher that obvious fact out with the anti-gun and anti-2nd Amendment proclivities of the lib dems and their MSM attack dogs. The NRA has a number of programs for the education and support of future generations of shooting, hunting, self defense, etc. enthusiasts. But in today's political climate, they more or less take a back seat(at least in the MSM) to the NRA's PAC programs and activites.

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They still have their grass roots, but have as you said, grown into a pretty big political organization as they should. The rise in anti gun sentiment drove them to evolve.
I can offer some personal examples of how their grass roots still exist.
The Eddie Eagle program to teach kids gun safety is strong.
The NRA has a team as well as written instructions on range building for New ranges.
The range in Ponca City built our facility using their direction, and continue to use their guidance for ongoing expansion.
They also sponsor range insurance cheaper than any place we can find for liability.
The Ponca City Rifle &pistol club has been sponsoring a youth firearm training program for over 50 years. I took the class when I was a kid, and I'm not a spring chicken.
The youth program applies for ammo and equipment grants from the NRA annually.
This year, the program got a grant for their ammo, and a left handed Anshutz rimfire rifle for the southpaw kids.
So, yes they still get in there and help the small ranges and bigger ones as well.
Their programs have just been overshadowed by the greater need to protect our constitutional gun rights.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They still have their grass roots, but have as you said, grown into a pretty big political organization as they should. The rise in anti gun sentiment drove them to evolve.
I can offer some personal examples of how their grass roots still exist.
The Eddie Eagle program to teach kids gun safety is strong.
The NRA has a team as well as written instructions on range building for New ranges.
The range in Ponca City built our facility using their direction, and continue to use their guidance for ongoing expansion.
They also sponsor range insurance cheaper than any place we can find for liability.
The Ponca City Rifle &pistol club has been sponsoring a youth firearm training program for over 50 years. I took the class when I was a kid, and I'm not a spring chicken.
The youth program applies for ammo and equipment grants from the NRA annually.
This year, the program got a grant for their ammo, and a left handed Anshutz rimfire rifle for the southpaw kids.
So, yes they still get in there and help the small ranges and bigger ones as well.
Their programs have just been overshadowed by the greater need to protect our constitutional gun rights.

I think this might be part what you are referring to: NRA's Youth Hunter Education Challenge (YHEC)

https://yhec.nra.org/
BUILDING THE NEXT GENERATION OF HUNTERS
NRA's Youth Hunter Education Challenge (YHEC) provides a fun environment for kids 18 and under to improve their hunting, marksmanship and safety skills. Through its simulated hunting situations, live fire exercises, educational and responsibility events, YHEC helps build upon skills learned in basic hunter education courses and encourages safer, lifelong hunting habits.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember a time when the National Rifle Association's (NRA) primary role was to promote shooting sports, teach gun safety, and even sponsor (help build?) shooting ranges . . . all in the name of educating and supporting the next generation of shooting enthusiasts.
They were involved with high school and college shooting teams, supported Boy Scout merit badge acquisition (for shooting), and even helped support the shooting portion of some JROTC programs in cooperation with our military. Their members were the definitive experts on gunsmithing, customization, ammunition, reloading, ballistics, range etiquette, hunting, and all other things related to weapons and the shooting sports.

I think you may be confusing the NRA with its political action affiliate the NRA Institute for Legislative Affairs (NRA-ILA). The NRA, as has been pointed out in several posts already, is largely still a gun ownership, firearms education & safety, and shooting sports advocacy group. The NRA-ILA is a straight up lobbying group.

However, you may also want to consider that if it hadn't been for the NRA-ILA's efforts (often as the sole major voice arrayed against a host of Liberal advocacy groups), we would probably right now have in place a comprehensive "assault weapons" ban covering most modern sporting rifles, a national gun registration database, and NY, CT, or even CA style gun legislation at the national level might be being debated and/or already passed.

The reason the NRA is demonized so much by the Left, and the various false-front groups organized to put a friendly face on anti-2nd Amendment advocacy, is that it has been so effective over the years. Consider that before deciding that what it does doesn't deserve your support.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think this might be part what you are referring to: NRA's Youth Hunter Education Challenge (YHEC)

https://yhec.nra.org/
BUILDING THE NEXT GENERATION OF HUNTERS
NRA's Youth Hunter Education Challenge (YHEC) provides a fun environment for kids 18 and under to improve their hunting, marksmanship and safety skills. Through its simulated hunting situations, live fire exercises, educational and responsibility events, YHEC helps build upon skills learned in basic hunter education courses and encourages safer, lifelong hunting habits.
YHEC is a great program, but its not our program.
The Ponca City Rifle and Pistol club sponsors our own youth program for over 50 years with support from the NRA for ammo and gear. The youth training group has their own building for indoor shooting, etc.
Club members are certified instructors for the program. At the end of the youth training program, they have summer leagues, contests with youth shooters vs parents, and youth shooters vs the local National Guard soldiers.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom