Lib dem CT anti-Second Amendment Sen. Chris Murphy Goes Full Derp After Watching Latest NRA Ad

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember a time when the National Rifle Association's (NRA) primary role was to promote shooting sports, teach gun safety, and even sponsor (help build?) shooting ranges . . . all in the name of educating and supporting the next generation of shooting enthusiasts.
They were involved with high school and college shooting teams, supported Boy Scout merit badge acquisition (for shooting), and even helped support the shooting portion of some JROTC programs in cooperation with our military. Their members were the definitive experts on gunsmithing, customization, ammunition, reloading, ballistics, range etiquette, hunting, and all other things related to weapons and the shooting sports.
Over time the NRA has strayed from their original 'mandate' and have become nothing more than a lobby group and PAC (Political Action Committee) whose primary purpose now is simply to raise money and fight any and all gun regulation bills, regardless whether those bills are based on 'common sense' or not.
Though I am a paid Life Member of the NRA, I no longer support most of what they do, and will not support them until such time that they get back to doing what they were originally meant to do - educate and support the next generation of shooting enthusiasts.
Considering that there are no "common sense" gun control bills, I fail to see your issue.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember a time when the National Rifle Association's (NRA) primary role was to promote shooting sports, teach gun safety, and even sponsor (help build?) shooting ranges . . . all in the name of educating and supporting the next generation of shooting enthusiasts.
They were involved with high school and college shooting teams, supported Boy Scout merit badge acquisition (for shooting), and even helped support the shooting portion of some JROTC programs in cooperation with our military. Their members were the definitive experts on gunsmithing, customization, ammunition, reloading, ballistics, range etiquette, hunting, and all other things related to weapons and the shooting sports.
Over time the NRA has strayed from their original 'mandate' and have become nothing more than a lobby group and PAC (Political Action Committee) whose primary purpose now is simply to raise money and fight any and all gun regulation bills, regardless whether those bills are based on 'common sense' or not.
Though I am a paid Life Member of the NRA, I no longer support most of what they do, and will not support them until such time that they get back to doing what they were originally meant to do - educate and support the next generation of shooting enthusiasts.
Perhaps you'd care to give an example of a 'common-sense' gun bill the NRA opposes.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Liberals are scared of a comment about a clenched fist when the fugging idiots chose this symbol to resist Trump??

dcc16b83bc49d7aa54beff8ecc1b4f84.jpg

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
YHEC is a great program, but its not our program.
The Ponca City Rifle and Pistol club sponsors our own youth program for over 50 years with support from the NRA for ammo and gear. The youth training group has their own building for indoor shooting, etc.
Club members are certified instructors for the program. At the end of the youth training program, they have summer leagues, contests with youth shooters vs parents, and youth shooters vs the local National Guard soldiers.
Good to hear. My comment justly stands amended. Thanks for the info.

Latest posts

Top Bottom