Liberal Journalist'sView on CCW Changes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I don't have much experience with higher up officers, but the patrol officers I have met and spoken with about have to a man been pro-carry. Some have even gone so far as to say they wish a lot more would carry.

Khest

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its nice to know that from my neck of the woods back home there are more responsible people. Even in my rural town I lived in has lots of gang problems, and Fresno even more so than where I lived. Good luck to that guy.

Khest

prdator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well that is kinda refreshing!!!!
Hopfuly he will get hooked up with some good trainers and really learn the art.
He could have a very good impact on the issue.

jej

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
California gives the chief LEO in any jurisdiction the authority to grant or deny CCW licenses. There is essentially no review for denials. There are essentially no permits issued in big, liberal counties except to people with law enforcement or political connections. The smaller counties vary. Some are shall-issue. Fresno is mid-sized, and the issuance policy will blow with the political winds - depending on who gets elected sheriff, board of supervisors, who gets appointed chief of police, and like that. Good to see Fresno is in the good guy camp now. The power to grant/deny has led to lots of complaints in lots of places about the rotten system.

I lived in shall issue counties [Sutter], nearly shall issue counties [San Bernardino] and hell-no counties [LA, Sacramento]. The political climate in the shall issue places was a lot like it is here in Tulsa. There are just too many liberal votes in SF and LA to ever change the rules for the state as a whole. I read at one time that SF had only four permits outstanding - with a population of maybe 3/4 of a million people - and they like it that way.

Life is better here in a free state.

jej

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would like to find the previous columns he references.

Yes, some of us liberals are very concerned about personal self defense and protecting our families at all costs. This guy seems level-headed. I'd like to read more of what he's written on the subject.

B

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom