Lift kit has failed me

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well almost anyway.
I have noticed the rear of my 1995 corolla was sitting lower on the passenger side while i was driving it.
I figured it was the crown in the road.
Not so.
I hauled some 4 foot long Oak tree trunks in it a couple days ago and after unloading them the car was still sitting squatted on that rear corner.

Looks like I have bent the mount that is welded to the strut that holds the coil spring.
A couple years ago I put Camry front coil springs on the rear of this car.
I can haul 2x the load I did before.

Guess it is time to rethink the spring and spring holder.
Almost compressed that holder to the point of resting on the top of the tire.

I hate that strut design on this Corolla.
Spring mount hangs over the tire by 3" and only about 1" of clearance so you can't really install taller tires.

I may be able to find a smaller diameter spring and make a lower mount that does not rest over the top of the tire.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Every time you mention your Corolla it gives me a chuckle. Ya can’t fault the little car for not holding up to things it wasn’t engineered for.

By the way though I totally get your love for that car! I drove a 1996 geo prizm for years (it was Toyota drivetrain, basically your Corolla) awesome car! Reliable as a stanley hammer, handled like a go-cart, wonderful gas mileage. If I could find one again in decent shape with a 5spd I’d be tempted to buy it lol

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Every time you mention your Corolla it gives me a chuckle. Ya can’t fault the little car for not holding up to things it wasn’t engineered for.

By the way though I totally get your love for that car! I drove a 1996 geo prizm for years (it was Toyota drivetrain, basically your Corolla) awesome car! Reliable as a stanley hammer, handled like a go-cart, wonderful gas mileage. If I could find one again in decent shape with a 5spd I’d be tempted to buy it lol
My son got a Prizm and we looked his over and the difference for his was No Overdrive and no front sway bar.
Different badges of course.
Mine has 377,000 miles and no engine or transmission issues.
Of course I try my hardest to work things pretty hard.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got some Jeep coils here too. The fronts should do anything you want. I might ask for some carb work on my 82 Toyota in exchange. Actually, I'd really like you to look at it and see if you can do anything with it anyway.

Latest posts

Top Bottom