Lightweight reflex sight for Buckmark?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So any suggestions for a lightweight reflex style sight for a Browning Buckmark? I've always enjoyed shooting steels with it...wondering if I can get on faster with a different style sight.
I'm not looking for some crazy expensive one...maybe a good entry level one to try out and see if its my thing or not?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had one of the Brownings on my Ruger Mark III for awhile shooting Steel Challenge. It ran good, and had very little parallax unlike some of the others in that price range. I think it would be a good one to buy for an entry level red dot. I replaced it later with a Burris Fast Fire III, and moved the Browning to a shotgun and tried to use it in a competition.
Made about 4 rounds, and lost the red dot, never to return. LOL. They will not take heavy recoil, but .22 RF doesn't have enough to matter.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Aaaaand Tuesday should be fun. Get to try out my first batch of hand loads and this... (Rail came in today).

14315662_1268333016545258_1425566637_o.jpg

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tried this out today...I'm not sure if its just different or I dont like it.
I've never used a sight like this and I had a "hard" time getting on the first target with the reticle. If you're a bit off, usually you know where to go with reference to the front and rear sight. This one you gotta hunt to get it lined up, then it shot good. Seemed to hold zero good and grouped well with it. I'll give it a few more outings to make a final decision.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Move it as far forward on the rail as you can.
Target acquisition with a red dot from the draw is a matter of a lot of practice bringing the gun/dot to the eye. Proper grip and repetition will make it happen.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting on the far forward...I'll give that a whirl. Its on the back for now.
I think the main thing for now is the difference in height from what I'm used to with this pistol. I'll have to put up a target and turn the sight off, point and shoot to see how close I am...see if thats it or my grip or something.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tried a red dot on a Mark III pistol one time and took it off after a couple hundred rounds.

I could not get used to it, the height I would naturally bring it up to acquire the site was always high and had to be adjusted down for me to see the dot relatively straight on, just did not feel right. I found I was at least 90%+ as accurate with the iron sites and much quicker to get on target. Also I did not have a holster it would fit, so I would have an extra expense there if I were to want to carry it in the woods.

Could be I was rushing too much to utilize it well or did not practice long enough to make it work well. Whatever, it just was not for me. I put it on a rifle and liked it.

Like most things, try it, and if it works for you, use it. Good Luck

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom