Like the New Sig P320

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Why do you say that? It is a really nice pistol. While I have only rented one it is on my "If I can get a good deal" list of things to buy. Sig is pretty quality and now with the Army contract it is more appealing.
It felt and looked cheap to me and the polymer scuffed very easy. The takedown lever was near impossible to move. I REALLY didn't like it at all. Of course being the 250, the DAO trigger was a deal breaker for me.

I find that the M&P, Glock and other offerings are much more to my liking.

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It felt and looked cheap to me and the polymer scuffed very easy. The takedown lever was near impossible to move. I REALLY didn't like it at all. Of course being the 250, the DAO trigger was a deal breaker for me.

I find that the M&P, Glock and other offerings are much more to my liking.
Well I cant speak to quality other than just the 100 rounds I put through a rental. It seemed fine to me, the trigger was great and the chassis system is pretty innovative.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Well I cant speak to quality other than just the 100 rounds I put through a rental. It seemed fine to me, the trigger was great and the chassis system is pretty innovative.
I'm sure a lot of people will be happy with it, I'm just not one of them. To each his own, you know. :)

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a Sig P250 that I recently acquired and sold. It was a trade with a LGS and I am a sucker for trying something new. I really like the DAO only trigger on my 64-6 and even the DA on my other Smith revolvers, but for some reason didn't like it on the P250. Maybe I am hung up on polymer pistols being striker-fired as all of the other ones I have owned were.

Fellow who bought it from me had a P250 and was looking for another, so it worked out well for all of us...the LGS, P250 buyer, and me.

Foghorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ohp's issue appears to be isolated. As i understand it the extractors that failed were all out of the same lot. Apparently ohp ordered enough guns that the lot of bad ones were all used on the ohp guns.
I've been carrying my 320's on duty since before Ohp's problem with no issues. But I had mine checked after I heard about it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ohp's issue appears to be isolated. As i understand it the extractors that failed were all out of the same lot. Apparently ohp ordered enough guns that the lot of bad ones were all used on the ohp guns.
I've been carrying my 320's on duty since before Ohp's problem with no issues. But I had mine checked after I heard about it!

I sure hope thats true. What I never understood is why they all had to be destroyed instead of just changing the extractor. Unless it was in the contract that they had to get new ones instead of repaired ones if something went wrong.

Are you talking about just a visual inspection? Or is there a serial number check someone can do?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Own 3 P320s now, two in 9 and one in .357 sig. The frame has less flex than a glock to say the least in terms of perceived "quality." Trigger is miles ahead of a Glock. Even with an obnoxious bore axis, these things shoot lights out for me.

Foghorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I sure hope thats true. What I never understood is why they all had to be destroyed instead of just changing the extractor. Unless it was in the contract that they had to get new ones instead of repaired ones if something went wrong.

Are you talking about just a visual inspection? Or is there a serial number check someone can do?
I had one of the ohp armourers(no clue how to spell that one) look them over. No signs of wear that he said they had seen in thiers after failure.
I may have understood them wrong but I believe they were destroyed because they couldn't be resold. And replacement guns were faster than repair parts since the gun was still fairly new in production and spare parts weren't available.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had one of the ohp armourers(no clue how to spell that one) look them over. No signs of wear that he said they had seen in thiers after failure.
I may have understood them wrong but I believe they were destroyed because they couldn't be resold. And replacement guns were faster than repair parts since the gun was still fairly new in production and spare parts weren't available.

I figured it had something to do with that. I didnt understand why they couldnt put new extractors in them and ship them back but I guess they were in a time crunch that I didnt think about. I know they had all kinds of time to turn them back. Weeks at least. The Ser # all started with OHP so of course they couldnt be sold to anyone else. I hope they got all the bad ones back and none went out to the public.