Like your privacy? Don't go to the doctor anymore.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OCR refers cases to the DOJ for criminal investigation. I guess you'd need to check with the DOJ for stats related to those cases.

As far as whatever you're trying to get out with assuming individuals aren't held to account I'm aware of several folks who have lost their jobs over privacy incidents.
Not to mention also losing their license to practice & related legal bills.

Last edited:

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On topic I think. But where a relative works at a hospital, I can recall two people were fired for
snooping medical records and had 'access but no direct reason' to be doing it.
I guess that means they were snooping on old high school friends or prominent patients.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The hospital also runs audits on your EMR activity. If you are looking in a chart of a patient that you are not assigned to, they can find out. Have seen staff fired over this. When you do your annual mandatory HIPAA training, you sign off on all of this.

Last edited:

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Privacy is extinct.
It’s true. Read about Oracle’s lawsuit:

Ellison made the presentation almost a year after the launch of ID Graph. “How many people are on Earth? Seven billion,” Ellison said at the time. “Two billion to go. (To collect data on for profiles) ”

Or intel’s intelligent management engine. Or joe bidens 1995 CALEA act.

And that’s just the tip of the iceberg.

Latest posts

Top Bottom