Limbsavers barrel de resonator

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MOPARTECH3006

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm sure this isn't a new topic but has anyone had any luck with the de-resonator from sims. I already shoot pretty decent but if I can Get sub MOA I would be ecstatic. Any thoughts or suggestions

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
sims is crossing over from bowhunting and archery, where they were successful and sold a lot of bow limb dampeners but my thoughts on it are that its a total waste of money.

mikegotrdone

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought one to try and have used it on my H & R 30.06. It does seem to help on that shorter barrell. I have had all kills from it no matter if I used it or someone else. I have no history before or since with any other rifle.

257wby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bump, I came across these and want to know what you guys think. This thread is 3 years old so maybe someone has some more knowledge on them. Cuss and discuss...

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It might be able to affect the resonation of the barrel, but it dang sure ain't stopping it. Snake oil until I see some data.

Them there physics don't lie. He speaks the truth.

My guess would be that if it did help, it's because it's adding mass to the barrel (duh, right?). More than that, though, I could see how adding mass to the barrel would make it more forgiving in shot-to-shot inconsistencies, so you could see some improvement if you're used to using non-match ammo. However, if you worked up a great load for your particular rifle and loaded it very consistent, I bet you'd see little to no gains from it.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd, Holy Thread Revival, Batman!

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not adding mass to the barrel. It's just rubber and way too light. It simply is designed to intercept the vibration in the barrel as the bullet passes thru it. Once it intercepts that vibration, then in theory, the vibration at the muzzle will be the same each shot. Thus, the bullet will exit the same each time, and accuracy will be improved. The Boss system that Browning has works on the same principle, but it does add mass to the barrel. Still, the reasoning is to cause the barrel to vibrate the same way each time, improving accuracy.

I don't have one, and don't want one. But I'd like to have their recoil pad.

Latest posts

Top Bottom