Little River

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haven't been in a few weeks. The water at the mouth is between 2.5-3ft deep, so it'll be interesting to see if that affects the run. The rain last night may be the inflow needed to help kick it off.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Haven't been in a few weeks. The water at the mouth is between 2.5-3ft deep, so it'll be interesting to see if that affects the run. The rain last night may be the inflow needed to help kick it off.

When they make the run on Kaw in the creeks, there are a couple of 6" deep rocky areas where they really have to work to get over the rocks. If it were legal to hand fish them, flipping them on the bank by hand would be easier than catching them, but what fun would that be?

Okie4Life

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is so dry in western Oklahoma, the sandbass that are running have ticks on them.

Thats funny right there.

I hit up Canton last weekend, since I haven't been out there in 10+ years. The lake has a lot of new amenities for campers and new ramps.

Unfortunately the deepest hole I could find was 15-ft. We did find some SB along the rip-rap just as wind picked up. We left when the wind began to blow, but probably could of made a decent day of catching if we could have stayed.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When they make the run on Kaw in the creeks, there are a couple of 6" deep rocky areas where they really have to work to get over the rocks. If it were legal to hand fish them, flipping them on the bank by hand would be easier than catching them, but what fun would that be?

Heh, good to know. Funny what the internal drive will cause an animal to go through. I suppose it won't affect them much then.

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
When they do, where's the best place to fish for them? The mouth, or up river itself?

By the way, I just discovered they put in a new fishing dock at the end of Alameda...no more having to drive all the way around to Little Axe or down to Calypso Cove.

Latest posts

Top Bottom