LMF river

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's a little over 3 1/2 hour drive there so I only go every now and then. Had a good day yesterday fly fishing. Got to see a blue winged olive mayfly hatch while fishing. The trout saw it too and were tearing them up. We didn't get any big ones but caught between 30-40 fish. I used nymphs, streamers and dries yesterday. Biggest fish was about 15". Most were in the 11-13" range. I would rather fish this place all the time but it's too far away, Lower Illinois is okay when the water isn't too high. Caught this on a bugger, still in its mouth.
ai4.photobucket.com_albums_y144_JCW355_100_0087copy.jpg

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How have the restoration efforts been since the big floods this spring?

Lost creek is still lost. The evening hole has been restored not to long after the floods. The bridges on spillway creek are gone and haven't been replaced. Yesterday you could actually wade across where the lower bridge was. The last time I was there you couldn't do that, higher water flow. I had good luck on both spillway creek and the red zone area in Zone 1 fly fishing. We didn't get too far up spillway creek because of the time but was fun anyhow.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lost creek is still lost. The evening hole has been restored not to long after the floods. The bridges on spillway creek are gone and haven't been replaced. Yesterday you could actually wade across where the lower bridge was. The last time I was there you couldn't do that, higher water flow. I had good luck on both spillway creek and the red zone area in Zone 1 fly fishing. We didn't get too far up spillway creek because of the time but was fun anyhow.

Spillway creek is almost my favorite. Reminds me of mountain trout fishing the most. Hopefully it will get back to its former self.

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Spillway creek is almost my favorite. Reminds me of mountain trout fishing the most. Hopefully it will get back to its former self.

I haven't been all the way up it, but it has a lot of rough water. The logs that went across are gone, no pooled areas there now. You have to just find eddy areas and spots just off of the rushing current. Reading the water comes into play big time. Some pooled areas are there but not like it use to be. It's a challenge. I like the red zone area best but need to fish places like spillway to get better.

Latest posts

Top Bottom