Tank/side panels/chain guard ready for paint on 75 Honda cb360t

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Paint is done on frame, now a bit on the block/polish and assemble. Frame was hand sanded down to 0000 steelwool. Just the block will be painted that Honda chrome look that it has and I've matched in a rattle can. I'll polish with a wheel the side engine panels to a mirror as well as cleaning the filter and new oil before starting assembly.

Beautiful restoration. Can't believe I missed this thread.
I've been a huge Honda Three wheeler fan, restoring several to new condition.
The latest and last is the 250SX that will never be sold unless someone offers a fortune for it.
My eldest son and I raced 250R two strokes that were highly modified back in the 80's.
The steel tank on it finally rusted through. Didn't know about the tank coatings so scrapped it and found one on ebay that had been coated. It's been on the trike for around 10 years now so evidently, they did a good job.
I'll look around and find a pic of the trike and get it posted. I've had people at little Sahara State Park comment that it looked new and didn't know they had started making 3 wheelers again.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Beautiful restoration. Can't believe I missed this thread.
I've been a huge Honda Three wheeler fan, restoring several to new condition.
The latest and last is the 250SX that will never be sold unless someone offers a fortune for it.
My eldest son and I raced 250R two strokes that were highly modified back in the 80's.
The steel tank on it finally rusted through. Didn't know about the tank coatings so scrapped it and found one on ebay that had been coated. It's been on the trike for around 10 years now so evidently, they did a good job.
I'll look around and find a pic of the trike and get it posted. I've had people at little Sahara State Park comment that it looked new and didn't know they had started making 3 wheelers again.
I gotta see it. Please post a pic

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
750 buddy. Cook that mud off in the pit
My last drag race competition was at I-40 and Council Road in OKC during one of the flat track races at the fairground. All the bikers would camp at the drag strip on I-40. Baddest of the bad. Outlaws, Hells Angles, and so on.
The bikers took over the competition running their bikes through with the drunks using beer bottles for starts vs a light tree. One guy had a coffin trailer behind his sportster with a guy sitting in it. They both died when it went out of control toward the end of the 1/4 mile.
One still living for awhile was on the tailgate of my ex FIL truck to get him off the track as it went to semi riot. The LEO and first responders were wanting in to assist the injured, but the crowd wouldn't let them.
We packed up our stuff and left in the middle of the night after it all settled down.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My last drag race competition was at I-40 and Council Road in OKC during one of the flat track races at the fairground. All the bikers would camp at the drag strip on I-40. Baddest of the bad. Outlaws, Hells Angles, and so on.
The bikers took over the competition running their bikes through with the drunks using beer bottles for starts vs a light tree. One guy had a coffin trailer behind his sportster with a guy sitting in it. They both died when it went out of control toward the end of the 1/4 mile.
One still living for awhile was on the tailgate of my ex FIL truck to get him off the track as it went to semi riot. The LEO and first responders were wanting in to assist the injured, but the crowd wouldn't let them.
We packed up our stuff and left in the middle of the night after it all settled down.
Wow. Hard core. I spent some time back and forth from Riverside to Oklahoma. That part of Cali was drag heaven. I spent every day I could watching the best run everything from top fuel to the drag bikes. My cousin knew some of the pit crews and he ran mod/stocks so I got to go in the pits and help clean up the area near the trees (Hell I wasn't any help because I was so small and young but they let me). Never heard of that bust up on I-40. I was a harley guy (just sportsters but that's all I could afford) and my 69 383 Dodge charger that was eat all comers that were pure stock (yes I cheated a bit), but never had the balls to go in shoulder deep in that scene. I'd loved to have been there but seen so many skilled drivers (and sometimes fans) get separated from body parts when a rail would just snap from the engine torque and basically explode. The drag bikes were crazy.
The mod/stocks were the worst. That would be tricked out stuff like the coffin trike you mentioned and other mods that were meat grinders. Would love to see a thread from you about your stuff and things you saw/did. Pic's would be great. I love that stuff.
I have lots of other pics on my vintage rebuild. I like working on bikes but I'm limited to gravity fed and what limited skills I have.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I gotta see it. Please post a pic
This is the only current pic I have.
The tight turning radius makes it great for spreading fertilizer around the yard as well as trail riding in the woods.
It will run circles around a 4 wheeler in tight turns on trails.

1DE94E6C-5836-4877-A2E9-73A7DE306B98.jpeg

Most dangerous machine on earth according to the gubberment. 😡
In 85 when the gubberment was wanting to outlaw importation of three wheelers into the US, our organization put on a demo race in Denver along with a Q&A afterwards with reps from OSHA since it was considered “occupational” with the Professional riders.
One guy decided that opinion to ban them. He was at the race and was excited about watching it we were told, commenting on how well riders controlled their machines in turns. (Just like stock car drivers FYI)
The issue was that his buddy had a child killed while riding one alone, no safety gear, in an area that was not suitable for an 8 year old to be riding in.
So he arbitrarily made the order to ban importation, killing that ride.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to drag race a water buffalo.
Not many people know what that ride is.
Had one of those back in the day. GT750.

Eventually traded it for a 69 Monte Carlo with a 400 small block in it.

Eventually ended up giving the Monte Carlo to a skinny redhead gal (yep, another of those lunatic redheads that would occasionally show up in my life back than).

Wish I still had the Monte Carlo. I sometimes miss the redhead, but she would have ended up killing me. Really.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is the only current pic I have.
The tight turning radius makes it great for spreading fertilizer around the yard as well as trail riding in the woods.
It will run circles around a 4 wheeler in tight turns on trails.

View attachment 301644

Most dangerous machine on earth according to the gubberment. 😡
In 85 when the gubberment was wanting to outlaw importation of three wheelers into the US, our organization put on a demo race in Denver along with a Q&A afterwards with reps from OSHA since it was considered “occupational” with the Professional riders.
One guy decided that opinion to ban them. He was at the race and was excited about watching it we were told, commenting on how well riders controlled their machines in turns. (Just like stock car drivers FYI)
The issue was that his buddy had a child killed while riding one alone, no safety gear, in an area that was not suitable for an 8 year old to be riding in.
So he arbitrarily made the order to ban importation, killing that ride.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have to respond to your post with a story about my foolish confidence. When these things first came out, Wayne, a buddy of mine, got one. He live in woods and had a trail cut out that switched back and forth down a hill to a river bed. First time I saw that puppy I wanted to ride it. I was young, could ride anything and leaped small buildings in a single bound, so I didn't need to be explained anything about how they handled (or steered) Down the trail I went having a ball and gaining confidence/over confidence as I made it through the small path and old growth trees that lined the trail. Everything was going swimmingly till I got to a hard switchback with the prettiest old oak tree in the middle of the trail at the switch. Didn't ask about how much leaning was required on those first trikes...REQUIRED at that speed so I hit the tree dead on. Bike was fine but had to do some adjustment on the wheel (those things were solid) and I had to have a few adjustments as well. Riding experience for years does not transfer to everything...Ha. Still loved them.
I bought a fat boy once for hunting but as much as I loved riding it, not very good in the middle of blackjack and post oak trees.
Thanks for posting a pic. Brings back memories. Very cool of you to do that.
It's nice seeing these included in our channel. I was a bit iffy to post any pic's non gun related so I did them at other places like YT or VHT.
Thanks again for the pic and the post. I enjoyed the back story.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a Honda 110 as a kid. I use to ride over and drool on the neighbor's 250r.

Killing 3 wheelers was supremely stupid. A few years later you had 4 wheel banshees doing 80 mph. But they were perfectly safe, having 4 wheels and all..
I know a few people that still run their old 1970's Honda ATV 3's I think that's when they started calling everything that could get mud on it an ATV...ha.
They were great (at the time) for checking on your cows/horses or checking fence lines. I think the darn things would float.
The same people that still have there old Honda's running had access to tons of parts after the ban and the 4 wheel stuff came out. You can still find old barn finds and junk yard bones of the originals.

Latest posts

Top Bottom