LMF Scenery shots.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ai4.photobucket.com_albums_y144_JCW355_100_0159.jpg

ai4.photobucket.com_albums_y144_JCW355_100_0156.jpg

ai4.photobucket.com_albums_y144_JCW355_100_0155.jpg

ai4.photobucket.com_albums_y144_JCW355_100_0154.jpg

ai4.photobucket.com_albums_y144_JCW355_100_0148.jpg

ai4.photobucket.com_albums_y144_JCW355_100_0146.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow! I don't recognize any of those areas.
I had almost all of them commited to memory, but these are new.
Is this the rebuild after the floods last year?

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok last shot evening hole, and the next to the last shot is the feeder stream?
The last picture is where the new Lost creek comes back into the main stream. The first 4 pictures are Spillway creek which is above Cold hole by the road. Picture 5 is the Evening hole. I caught the majority of fish there. It is way different after that flood. Spillway is a challenge because of the currents, you look and think there is a fish there I have to get my fly deep enough for him to get it. I cast maybe 5 times in one run and finally got the hook up. The fish was laying on the bottom out of the stronger current looking upstream for food. Spillway creek is in Zone 1 which starts at the dam. It flows down to Cold hole which is where Lost creek branches off of. The "red zone" is below cold hole all the way to the evening hole bridge. Lost creek is part of the red zone.

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Beautiful shots. Do you wade there? Or fish from the bank. Read your last post about this area too. I have been wanting to get back in to fly fishing for a long time. Any advice?

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Beautiful shots. Do you wade there? Or fish from the bank. Read your last post about this area too. I have been wanting to get back in to fly fishing for a long time. Any advice?

Its wadable. Spillway might be too swift in spots though. I fish from the bank at times and get in the water some. If I could cast farther I'd probably stay on the bank more. If your wanting to get back into fly fishing and don't have the gear just buy a cheap combo rod and reel from bass pro. I did this at first so if I didn't really get into fly fishing I wouldn't be out a lot of money on a rod and reel.
As for waders that is personal preference. I use stocking foot waders with the boots of my choice. I have a pair of boots now that are not felt and will say felt with studs is best for traction.
Buy flies online, it is way cheaper. I'll buy some from the local fly shops but get the majority online.
When you buy tapered leaders after they get to short tie a tippet ring on, then tie your tippet to it. You don't even have to buy tippet material. You can use whatever fishing line you want. This is way cheaper too.
Blend in with your background and look at the water before actually walking up to the bank.
I read all I could online and bought a dvd. Youtube has a bunch of fly fishing videos too.

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Its wadable. Spillway might be too swift in spots though. I fish from the bank at times and get in the water some. If I could cast farther I'd probably stay on the bank more. If your wanting to get back into fly fishing and don't have the gear just buy a cheap combo rod and reel from bass pro. I did this at first so if I didn't really get into fly fishing I wouldn't be out a lot of money on a rod and reel.
As for waders that is personal preference. I use stocking foot waders with the boots of my choice. I have a pair of boots now that are not felt and will say felt with studs is best for traction.
Buy flies online, it is way cheaper. I'll buy some from the local fly shops but get the majority online.
When you buy tapered leaders after they get to short tie a tippet ring on, then tie your tippet to it. You don't even have to buy tippet material. You can use whatever fishing line you want. This is way cheaper too.
Blend in with your background and look at the water before actually walking up to the bank.
I read all I could online and bought a dvd. Youtube has a bunch of fly fishing videos too.

Thanks!!

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ai4.photobucket.com_albums_y144_JCW355_100_0167.jpg

Caught this one yesterday, it's my biggest so far on my flyrod. I had a good hookset but didn't know it till I landed the fish. I was also worried it would break my 3.5 lb tippet the way it way pulling and peeling line. Jumped out of the water 4 times. Definitely gave me an exciting couple of minutes fighting the fish in. What a difference from a couple of weeks ago, caught 65 in two days last time, caught 16 in two days this time. Still enjoyable just being out there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom