whitetail shot placement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

what is your perferred shot placement when hunting with a gun

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like the spot where the skull meets the neck, or if they are facing you, right where the adams apple would be. Hard to miss those spots, but a sure fire kill if you do hit. I came across a spike bull one morning running full tilt sidehill up about 30 degrees 4 hundred yards out, I put my crosshairs right on his nose and fired, thinking I'd be right in that sweet spot, but I missed, the bullet went a little high, understandable because of the elevation, but it also went to the rear, I guess I pulled it, it hit him right on top of the withers, dead before he hit the ground. I got the truck, backed it up till the tailgate touched the ground. and skidded the spike right into the bed, right beside the cow I killed earlier that morning. I thought hunting would be difficult, but as it turns out it's really not.

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Texas Heart Shot not recommended!!!!! Tracked my sons buck a few years ago after a 1/4 mile in heavy cover.

Attachments

• 20141029_225506.jpg
    20141029_225506.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom