LOCAL, legitmate, gun builders?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

copertop80

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hope that this is the right fourm, if not please, to whichever mod is on at the time please assist me in placing this thread in the approiate fourm.

For about the past 15 I've had some gun concepts/ideas running around in my head, a ground up idea, not just a modification to an existing design. I'm ALMOST ABOUT to the point where I'd rather give these ideas to someone then to let them just keep toumbeling around aimlessly in my head.

I'm about to start the patent process, the search/provisional patent process and I'm attempting to align all my ducks for attaining a working prototype.

I would like to get prices, what the builder needs from me to begain, and turn around times from someone local, (ish mabey). I need a builder not a modifier not someone to build something off of some existing design.

Thanks in advance OSA

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unless you are talking about a muzzleloader - get your legal ducks in the row first - you can't just start "building" firearms.

After getting your Title 7, what you'll need is a machinist and a deep pocket - building guns has very little to do with guns sort of speak.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When you're ready, I may have a guy that would be interested and MORE than capable... when you get things situated on your end, let me know. Tulsa area too.

odie1

Marksman
Reaction score
I don't know if it would go anywhere or not, but Nowlin makes some of the best handguns on the planet, and they are located in Claremore and Chelsea.

In all the dealings I have had with them, they are super nice.

Now, I have no idea what it would entail for your idea, but it seems they would come as close to having the equipment to build a firearm as anyone.

They might not even want to touch anything like what you are thinking of, but, as they say, if the worst thing they say is no....?

Just a thought...

Odie1

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To actually make it all you need is a good machinist with access to a mill, a drill press, and a lathe for any metal or aluminum components. Preferably CNC in all cases.

Before you can make it though you need to be able to convey your ideas clearly to the machinist. Which means technical drawings with dimensions and tolerances. You are also going to need to compile your bill of materials. Which you could easily copy the materials chosen for other firearms components for yours and be comfortable they will be able to safely handle the forces as long as your design has similar wall thickness in critical areas as the firearm referenced. Depending on your own skills and how far along with your concept you are I can help give you direction with various aspects of it. PM me if you want.

If it has any rubber or plastic components I can help you to get those made. In terms of getting them manufactured, not financially. The company I work for does custom molding of plastic and rubber products from millions of parts a year to as little as $250 orders. We make parts for Sig Sauer!

Make sure you have all parties involved sign a non-disclosure agreement so they cant turn around and show tell your ideas to someone else who has the means to get them to market before you. I apologize if you feel I insulted your intelligence in any of this post, just trying to help.

Latest posts

Top Bottom