Local powder supply

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ImplodedMindZ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Spoke to Mitch at J&K. I have bought powder and brass through him before but today I inquired about purchasing powder and he told me unless I buy bullets he chooses not sell me powder because it is taking away from his bullet buying customers. I said thank you have a nice day. That is his prerogative. Guess I'll be stopping by Gene Sears next time I'm out that way.

Last edited:

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know Ed from Bulkseye Outdoor Sports has stuff at pretty good prices. He works out of his home but he can meet you if it's easier....pm me if you want his number and can't find it. If you ever get up to edmond, Heartland Outdoors has a very good assortment of powders and very good prices.

+1 on Ed, Bullseye Outdoor Sports,

web site: http:www.bullseyeoutdoorsports.com

E-Mail [email protected]

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A little disappointed in Mitch at J&K. I have bought powder and brass through him before but today I tried to purchase powder and he told me unless I buy bullets he won't sell powder because it is taking away from his bullet buying customers. Well so be it, that's your prerogative. Guess I'll be stopping by Gene Sears next time I'm out that way.

Put yourself in his shoes for just a minute. You sell bullets right? If there is no powder or primers available anywhere to buy, what demand is there for your bullets? I can understand his reasoning perfectly.

Here's a little tidbit from Powder Valley's facebook page today (emphasis mine):

Powder: Guys, I don't know what to tell you on powder. I wish I had something good to report. Alliant has been telling us since November we would receive a shipment in December. Nothing has arrived and we can't get any further information out of them. Hodgdon was shut down for the last half of December and first part of January. We just received a shipment from them today but it was extremely small with no Winchester or Vihtavuori. The last Accurate and Ramshot shipments we received was in early December. It was a decent shipment but it was gone in a matter of a few days. The supply has gotten worse and the demand has stayed the same.

ImplodedMindZ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like I said. His prerogative. I only posted that because the thread was about local powder and if your not willing to run lead or purchase bullets there that isn't a viable option, and I thought the masses would appreciate the info. I am not runnin lead through my 9mm suppressor.

ImplodedMindZ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, Last time I was up there I got some xtreme 380 bullets. But that is still relative. I DONT NEED BULLETS! My comment about lead is irrelevant and I guess I shouldn't have put it. I get it he saves his powder for bullet purchasing customers & I understand why. Apparently there are some people on here that don't like me posting the facts. OP asked for powder places I gave feedback on one.

I edited my previous post to keep it more on track. providing unbiased information for future readers. Sorry if it was biased.

Last edited:

Mitch H.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can make $7 profit on a pound of powder to lose up to $110 profit in lost bullet sales due to customers not being able to find powder. It just doesn't make sense to do it. I explained all this yesterday when you texed me. I invested a little over $80k last year in powder and primers to make sure our customers had what they needed during this shortage.

We have a great customer base that understands and accepts our policy on this matter. For those that don't understand the reasoning, I would suggest asking the retailer they currently purchase bullets from why they don't make the same sacrifice we do for their customers.

ImplodedMindZ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My apologies for providing pertinent information to the thread. If the OP or others looking for powder arent looking for the bullets J&K provides then it is not an option for powder. Case closed.

Mitch H.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is the text I received a little bit ago from Adam. Just so everyone understands his motives for posting here and the type of guys we sometimes have to deal with in our industry.

Adam, you have forced me to institute our Whitaker Policy for you. For those that are not familiar with the Whitaker Policy, check out our Facebook page for an explanation.

ImplodedMindZ said:
Whatever mitch. Zero ****s given. I posted facts. Ive purchased stuff through you before but dont worry I wont bother to again. im by no means a mass reloader. I saw nowhere that you cary 147gr plated bullets that I would be able to purchase from you. Therefore I purchased bullets elsewhere. and to seclude your customer base to only purchase your bullets to buy powder well good luck. No thanks.
If your bullets were all that customers would purchase them if you supplied powder or not. There are plenty of pullet producers that are doing just fine not supplying powder.

ImplodedMindZ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hahaha. You showed me Mitch. What are my motives exactly? Did I lie? Slander? No I posted facts!
I understand it's your business and you can do whatever you want. But.... would you make it mandatory for people to buy powder and primers from you to be able to purchase bullets from you?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom