Locust Grove-Douglass Fiasco

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was sort of surprised there wasn't a thread about this already.

1:04 left in the game, down by 1, Douglass had the ball, 4th and 11, on their own 42. They threw a pass, receiver found some room, and scored a touchdown.

Flag on the play, second sideline infraction, which should have been assessed as a dead ball foul, putting the penalty on the PAT or the ensuing kickoff.

Refs assessed it as a live ball foul, calling the touchdown back, and giving Douglass 4th and 16. They failed to convert, LG took over on downs, and took three knees to run the clock out.

This has grown from people torqued about the call into a court case, and caused the delay of what was supposed to be tonight's Locust Grove-Heritage game.

I'm shaking my head at this. I thought OSSAA got it right when they denied the appeal. You can't replay a game, or any portion of the game. Mistakes happen, but that's life. IF the court allows this game to be replayed, will any score ever truly be final?

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was a very dumb call by the ref, everyone can agree with that. I'm afraid the ruling is going to cause some bad precedence though. Every second call will challenged and threatened with court now.

IndVet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If they end up replaying this, they're going to be sorry they opened up that can of worms.

If they claim one bad call changed the game. Every team can claim the same.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Without reading a single article or watching a single news story on this, I would assume it involves an all black/ majority black football team and a judge with an agenda. If I am proven wrong, I'm sorry, but that is the first thing that comes to mind.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
Without reading a single article or watching a single news story on this, I would assume it involves an all black/ majority black football team and a judge with an agenda. If I am proven wrong, I'm sorry, but that is the first thing that comes to mind.

Everything is "black and white" nowadays, even Ebola. We can thank the $@)*)($#*)$@# media for that.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I've been following it since the morning after it happened. Yes it was a terrible call..........unbelievable that not one ref on that crew didn't know the correct call, unbelievable that Douglas didn't call a time out to confer with the refs......or did Douglas not know the correct ruling either? Unbelievable that this is going above OSSAA and to the courts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has any game ever in the history of sports been replayed, after the fact, for a perceived bad call? I cannot recall that ever happening.

Latest posts

Top Bottom