Locust Grove-Douglass Fiasco

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
so what happens if this call happens in say the second or third quarter? Or even the start of the fourth instead of the end of the fourth?

At what point does the penalty go from the thing that decided the game to just a really bad call? That is what worries me with lawsuits being involved.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Even the fact that the game has been postponed by a week...........so many what if's now. What if, key players that are healthy this week, have the flu next week. Great weather tonight, crappy weather next Friday night? No matter who plays when now, there could be "what if's" that will skew the outcome, no matter the outcome.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I too have been following it and I guess I see it a little differently..The official actually made the right call by throwing the flag..Unfortunately he nor anyone else knew the rules for enforcing the flag. What he did by not knowing the rules actually did change the outcome of the game. Playing the last minute over don't seem to be an option and so to me Douglas should be the winner..Actually if I was the coach of LG I wouldn't want to be declared the winner..What's he going to say if they should win the state title knowing they actually had a game given to them..The damn championship would sure be tainted knowing they actually got their ass beat in the quarter finals. I also wonder how many would have a different opinion if their kid played for Douglas?

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I watched it and believe that the game does not need to be replayed. Not even the last minute. It is not a live ball penalty and the touchdown counts. DOUGLASS won that game. It is not a black thing either. Man is that ever over played. Douglas does have mostly if not all black coaches but if you watched the game the refs are also black.

Last edited:

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Between my two sons and my grandson my family has 7 state championship rings. Our coach always said two things are required to be a champion..First you have to be a champion off the field before you're a champion on the field..Second he always said you had to be good enough to overcome bad weather, bad breaks and bad calls..Guess maybe Douglas feel a little short on the last part..

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I watched it and believe that the game does not need to be replayed. Not even the last minute. It is not a live ball fall and the touchdown counts. DOUGLAS won that game. It is not a black thing either. Man is that ever over played. Douglas does have mostly if not all black coaches but if you watched the game the refs are also black.

This right here...

lkothe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh we had a ton of bad calls this year...real obvious ones that both sides acknowledged ......its gonna happen. Court should not be involved in this....refs made the call, enforced the penalty as they thought was correct. .thats it...game over. Try again next year.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I too have been following it and I guess I see it a little differently..The official actually made the right call by throwing the flag..Unfortunately he nor anyone else knew the rules for enforcing the flag. What he did by not knowing the rules actually did change the outcome of the game. Playing the last minute over don't seem to be an option and so to me Douglas should be the winner..Actually if I was the coach of LG I wouldn't want to be declared the winner..What's he going to say if they should win the state title knowing they actually had a game given to them..The damn championship would sure be tainted knowing they actually got their ass beat in the quarter finals. I also wonder how many would have a different opinion if their kid played for Douglas?

I bet lawyers are already reviewing game tapes of every close game this season preparing for the courts decision to stick their nose where it doesn't belong.

Not happy with the outcome? Change the system to use instant replay like the NFL. Don't like that idea? Then suck it up and accept the outcome and move on.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I watched it and believe that the game does not need to be replayed. Not even the last minute. It is not a live ball fall and the touchdown counts. DOUGLAS won that game. It is not a black thing either. Man is that ever over played. Douglas does have mostly if not all black coaches but if you watched the game the refs are also black.

This right here...

I guess LG could not have possibly scored in the minute they would have had left? After the 5 yard, then a couple of 15 yarders for unsportsmanlike, kicking into the wind, LG would have had the ball on Douglass half of the field with over a minute left. Who's to say they wouldn't have scored a TD and won?

Latest posts

Top Bottom