Locust Grove-Douglass Fiasco

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sooner you have a good point. Sorry. Me and this phone don't get along but I'm ready to agree with you. Coach stay off the field we don't have any of this mess.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Total crap. Bad calls are made, that's life.

Having been a ref for 14 yrs, my take is ..,...

1. Right call was made with flag being thrown. So, not a bad call.
2. Refs did not KNOW the penalty to be assessed.
3. Evidently since not challenged at the time, neither did the coach.

Therefore, call stands.

OSSAA only possible action would be to disallow the refs involved from playoffs or any game in the future.
Coaches have a say in accepting game refs, same as lawyer in jury selection.

By allowing court action and delaying game, they are going to regret this FOREVER.

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sort of surprised that the media hasn't figured out who the ball-boy was, since he was the one responsible for the second infraction. Find a video of that play and you'll see what I mean. Got to wonder how his school life is right now.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure his school life is fine, because they aren't accepting any blame for their part in this. It's all about "the man" trying to keep a black school down.

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, I have been thinking. This is not the first game or the last game to be won/lost by a missed/bad call etc. Game over. Stop wasting time and lets see the final game.

Glock_21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
10846066_839244486117620_8219270465758362958_n.jpg

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mike Carrels at the Tulsa World posted this to Twitter: If OKCPS was in charge of the Big 12, they'd be filing a injunction first thing tomorrow. ‪

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think everyone forgot about the other schools involved. Heritage Hall was set to play the winner of that game on Friday. Cushing played on Friday and will now play one of three schools, Douglas, Locust Grove, or Heritage Hall for the championship at a TBD date and time. It is just ridiculous and selfish to keep this going. There is no reasonable way to settle this. It is a waste of time and money to replay the last minute of the game. It would not solve anything if the game was replayed. Douglas took a teachable moment and decided to teach the wrong lesson.

Latest posts

Top Bottom