Long Range Rifle and Off-hand Rifle Training

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mholloway79

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am looking for training in rifle shooting; most emphasis comming in breathing practices, long distance shooting, and off-hand shooting.

Can any fellow OSA members refer me to someone or somewhere in the Tulsa or OKC area?

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What kind of rifle are we talking about? A precision rifle, an AR, a hunting bolt gun? The answer will depend on what you are using and tring to do. KurtM

Leadlobber

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Red Castle gun club has .22 silhouette matches starting in April.Preferred equipment is a bolt action rifle {.22} and a target style scope w/target turrets.All shooting is done standing without a sling .The targets range from 40m to 100m

Check Red Castle web site for more info.

mholloway79

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am looking at shooting the .22 sihlouette @ RCGC, thats why im practicing off-hand shooting.

As far as long-range (600+), the rifle i have now is a hunting rifle (300 win mag) with a decent scope, but once the fundamentals are established i plan on upgrading equipment to a target quality 22-250. I have never been taught propperly how to breathe and position yourself for a shot at that yardage and that is what im looking to learn.

Thx for the input, ill look into USSA, TDSA, and Badlands tactical...all ideas are greatly appreciated

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm with Glocktogo on this one. To learn basic position shooting, look to the CMP programs or Appleseed. The classic off-hand position used in .22 is vastly different than the off-hand used in dynamic shooting events. The Classic off-hand would be found at Appleseed and CMP events. Also they would cover your breathing...Good call Glock"avanti"

bratch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You might look for an Appleseed clinic as well: http://www.appleseedinfo.org/

There is a rumor floating around that we might be having an Appleseed in OKC in the next few months, nothing definate yet though.

Its a great program and will teach you the basics of shooting along with history of the American Revolution. If everything works out you might get to stretch your legs to 500 yards but that would all be prone.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm with Glocktogo on this one. To learn basic position shooting, look to the CMP programs or Appleseed. The classic off-hand position used in .22 is vastly different than the off-hand used in dynamic shooting events. The Classic off-hand would be found at Appleseed and CMP events. Also they would cover your breathing...Good call Glock"avanti"

Yeah, it's either that or do what I did. But joining the Marines is a little extreme just to learn to shoot. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom