Value or comments. Browning 9mm value.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This pistol came back from WWII. The soldier was liberating Berlin and came back with it. Plus the arm patch. The patch is self explanatory. The gun we have no real info. The soldier also had other Nazi items like silverware and fancy dining sets, but sadly had a problem with alcohol and hocked them. Just looking for comments for those with some knowledge of Brownings due to the many variations. These are the only photos I have. It also came with a the holster with Nazi markings.
The back strap has a slot that will accept a shoulder stock of some sort.
If anyone does estimate a possible value, I will reveal what a local gun store offered for it.

Attachments

• IMG_5923.jpeg
    IMG_5923.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5960.jpeg
    IMG_5960.jpeg
    699.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5963.jpeg
    IMG_5963.jpeg
    538.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5966.jpeg
    IMG_5966.jpeg
    897.8 KB · Views: 0

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Power prices on guns from that era are all over the place. That one doesn't appear to have any Waffenamt stamps. More pictures and a serial number would help with a value.

Pretty much impossible to give a decent estimate with just those pictures. It's a really nice gun, though.

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll get some better pics. And the offer a well known gun store made was $500. Which I thought was low.
But there is one very bad feature that is not in these pics. On the inside strap below the trigger guard he engrave his name and a number. Of course that would greatly decrease value. I'll get serial number also.

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How’d the soldier come by the HG arm band? The division ended the war in the area around Bautzen, some 150 miles SE of Berlin.
Don't know but will see if my sister heard any more to the story. He was reluctant to talk much about the war in general as most can imagine. The one thing I've heard over the years is he said war was fought different back then when we were there to conquer a country and not win their hearts and minds. Not sure what that meant but can only imagine given the horrors of WWII.

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When the gun is shown to people they usually associate the gun as being Goring's because of the patch but there no such information regarding that. And I recall seeing a revolver taken from him in a documentary I saw. Here it is at 12 seconds. He apparently carried a S&W and not a Hi-Power. Another pic of him on the web shows the square butt of the S&W showing through his holster.

https://smith-wessonforum.com/s-w-h...olver.html?s=61e1336e1705a34b4ae609f91f23b052

Latest posts

Top Bottom