Looking at getting a new toy.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What would you go with?

• Self defense shotgun

Votes: 17 54.8%
  • .22 rifle and stock up on .22 rounds

Votes: 14 45.2%

• Total voters

jhawknokc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got an old shotgun that is a 2+1 that I'm thinking of updating to something along the line of a mossberg 500 combo with the 18" and 28" barrel. Kind of serves the hunting and home defense roll plus holds more shells.

Other thing I'm looking at is a ruger 10/22 or some type of "tactical" .22 and stock up on .22 shells. .22 I have right now is a cheap marlin with a 10 rd mag. If you were going to do one of the two, what would you do?

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Shotgun for sure. 12ga ammo cheap too! plus ya can take it out to play some games such as trap or sporting clays. I love shooting sporting clays at quail ridge.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got an old shotgun that is a 2+1 that I'm thinking of updating to something along the line of a mossberg 500 combo with the 18" and 28" barrel. Kind of serves the hunting and home defense roll plus holds more shells.

Other thing I'm looking at is a ruger 10/22 or some type of "tactical" .22 and stock up on .22 shells. .22 I have right now is a cheap marlin with a 10 rd mag. If you were going to do one of the two, what would you do?
I'll swim upstream on this one. You already have the 12 gauge, buy the 10/22. Then watch the web sites for the parts for the mods you want to make on the shotgun. If you don't get them or scare them off with 3 12 gauge shells and you don't have time to re-load, I don't know if more is better.

Latest posts

Top Bottom