Looking for a .22 LR bolt acton rifle for the kids

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have started the search for a .22. I am looking for quailty, but have a $300 limit. Not sure if that is possible. It will be used by a 6 yr old and a 10 yr old. Mounting a scope at this time is not important, but will be later.

CZ, Ruger and Marlin have all crossed my mind, but not really sure which will be the best bang for the buck. Any help, with making my mind up, would be greatly appreciated.

I am able to locate Ruger and Marlin in almost any gun shop and big box store, but locating a CZ has been pretty difficult. So, any suggestions for places to handle and look over a CZ would be great too.

Thanks in advance.

BadgerLB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
or a savage mk II?
ai399.photobucket.com_albums_pp71_robert60446_r_Savage_Mark_II_BTVS.jpg

crg1372

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gander Mountain recently had a bolt action in the $100 neighborhood. If memory serves correct I believe it was camo as well. Not sure if they still have them or not though. If you're not dead set on a bolt action, you might look into a Rossi matched pair youth .410/.22. $117 at our Wal-Mart here and would be a good size espicially for the 6 year old.

Kid Glock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I started my kids & g-kids young with a Crickett that I shortened the stock on. Barely legal overall length. Then graduated to Marlin Lil Buckaroo.
After that pretty much ready for full size shooter.
Depending on what you want, the marlin is self cocker while crickett, chipmunk, etc are manual cockers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom