Looking for a .22 LR bolt acton rifle for the kids

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rw1341

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just bought by young son a T/C Hot Shot Youth. It has the same appearance as the Encore but on a kid's size rifle. Nice thing is that it comes with a 1" stock extention to lengthen the stock as they grow. It has a peep sight and is drilled and tapped. Has a 11 1/2" pull and a 19" barrel. Like the Encore, it is a single shot which opens by pulling on the trigger gaurd.

What ever you go with, I'm glad to see you getting the kids out there shooting!

GUN DOG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bought my son the Henry mini bolt, has fiberoptic sights, stainless with fiberglass stock, positive safty & a pull to cock after the bolt has been closed.
31/2 lbs I think. Still have it, its a good little rifle

keensaber

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought my son the CZ 452 Scout. It is a great gun and very accurate. The plus I found is it comes with a faux magazine making the gun a single shot. The faux mag can be relaced with a mag that holds 10 rounds when the child is older. The CZ Scout also made an easy transition to a larger caliber gun. We started with a single shot .22LR, upgraded with a 10 round .22LR magazine in the same gun and then went to a CZ 527 Carbine in 7.62x39
The transition was easy and the controls were exactly the same so no confusion. 2nd Hand Rose in Tulsa is a great place to look one over. The staff are friendly and they have plenty of guns to look at, the prices are not too bad either.

Keensaber

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bought my son the Henry mini bolt, has fiberoptic sights, stainless with fiberglass stock, positive safty & a pull to cock after the bolt has been closed.
31/2 lbs I think. Still have it, its a good little rifle

Bought my grandson the same little plinker.
Pretty good little gun for the money.
Accurate too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom